exhaust questions

black97civic

black97civic
5+ Year Member
I ordered the Megan Header yesterday and now I have a couple questions. I have DX so the cat is not under the car it's on the front almost acting as a downpipe also. The headers go all the way down and then bend back towards the rear of the car so my questions is this. Will I still be able to use that cat and just put it under the car or will I need to get a different one? Also what are the differences between a DX and an EX exhaust. What should I get since the header will change part ofo the exhaust system if I do move the cat down?

black97civic

black97civic
5+ Year Member
Come on I know somebody has installed a header on a DX before.

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would tell u to search because this has been answered many a times but i cant, so i wont

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not totally sure, but you may need the exhaust or cat off an EX.

black97civic

black97civic
5+ Year Member
I started lookin around under the car at where the header will connect and it looks like the header just completely eliminates the cat. It says direct bolt on and the gasket in the picture looks like the gasket that connects the exhaust pipe to the downpipe (after cat). Wow that's kind of confusing but hopefully you know what I'm talking about

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think I know what you are saying. Your old cat was on the header. That is why I think you need an EX exhaust cause the cat is after the header.

black97civic

black97civic
5+ Year Member
I've heard that the pipes are routed different on an EX than a DX. Can anyone with an EX post some pics of your exhaust pipes. Especially where the cat connects to the exhaust pipe and the downpipe. Thanks

black97civic

black97civic
5+ Year Member
The Megan header eliminates the cat and bolts directly on the tailpipe. I also replaced the O2 sensor and am still gettin the O2 sensor heater code. Any other ideas?

black97civic

black97civic
5+ Year Member
Okay so I got the header in (as I said before) and I replaced both O2 sensors and I'm getting codes for both. 41 for the primary O2 sensor heater and 65 for the secondary O2 sensor heater. WTF is the problem???

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is every thing togther. if it is and still throws code disconet the battery and reconnect it. i cant spell

black97civic

black97civic
5+ Year Member
4doorcivic16 said:
is every thing togther. if it is and still throws code disconet the battery and reconnect it. i cant spell
You're a f**king genius and my hero. Haha that s**t actually worked. I never thought of that. Thank's a lot man.

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah that works everytime...if check engine light comes on and u kno its not anything wrong unhook battery and hook it up 5 mins later

JL

Doodoo Brown Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
watisjdm said:
yeah that works everytime...if check engine light comes on and u kno its not anything wrong unhook battery and hook it up 5 mins later
it's called a ecu reset but it does not correct thrown codes. The replaced sensors corrected them, then you reset the ecu to get rid of the CEL.