Exhaust Rattle and Clutch Whirring

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys,

When I let off the gas my exhaust makes that infamous rattle. I have a 2.5" straight pipe to a 3" muffler. I have a header heat shield on, but I'm not sure its that. Is there any other suggestions that you can think of?

Also, I've noticed that after I depress the clutch and shift into gear, when I release the clutch a light whirring sound starts. When I tap the clutch, as in lightly put my foot on it without engauging it, it goes away. Is it my clutch or my flywheel? And what does it mean for it do make those sounds?

Thanks guys.

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
That " Whirrling" sound could be a input shaft bearing.... But for the rattle look at all the heat sheilds under the car... if it's not them it could be a exhaust mount rubber bushing is broken!

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That " Whirrling" sound could be a input shaft bearing.... But for the rattle look at all the heat sheilds under the car... if it's not them it could be a exhaust mount rubber bushing is broken!
Ok. Thanks man. I will check them later on tonight.

b16lewis

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Throw out bearing, the little bit of pressure makes the clutch fork put pressure on the bearing.

SeeOurWrecks

5+ Year Member
Exhaust rattle can be loose heat Shields or a cat converter that's breaking up internally

Tapatalk rocks!