exhaust rattle... helppp..

civic98ek

Registered VIP
I have a 98 ek coupe with aftermarket exhaust 2 1/2 to 4in. Stock exhaust hangers. Cant get it to stop rattling.. Cant find a shorter hanger wondering if a longer hanger might be a better choice? Just looking for some opinions or if someones had this issue what you did to fix it. Thanksss ;)

reichbc

"Brandon"
I have a 98 ek coupe with aftermarket exhaust 2 1/2 to 4in. Stock exhaust hangers. Cant get it to stop rattling.. Cant find a shorter hanger wondering if a longer hanger might be a better choice? Just looking for some opinions or if someones had this issue what you did to fix it. Thanksss ;)
First things first, why the hell do you have 4" exhaust piping? That's standard on most TRUCKS

Second, and someone correct me here if I'm wrong, 4" exhaust on a car will rob it of some of the back pressure required for it to run properly.

Your 4" pipe is probably sitting on something under the car, causing the rattle. Does it rattle when idle, or when you hit bumps in the road? Also, there are rubber bushings of sorts specifically for hanging pipe. Check to make sure they are there. Also, make sure your muffler isn't contacting your rear bumper.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its prolly a 4 inch muffler, get off the kids nuts , and stop being a douche

minja lover

del slo
5+ Year Member
Where's the sound coming from on the car?

Mine's rattling, but mine is just hitting the heatshield when I'm stopped. I'm putting a hose clamp thing on it though to make it stop.

civic98ek

Registered VIP
The mufflers 4in im not retarded thats why i said 2 1/2 to 4. Mine rattles on the heat shield as well it always has but now its worse. Sounds like its hitting the floor.

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
Try bending the hear shield a little. Also if you need a longer hanger, any auto parts store sells generic hangers that work on any setup and car. They're real long and you weld them in place and cut off the excess. How old is your muffler? Are you sure it's not blown out and rattling inside as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its prolly the heatsheilds man, just jack it up, and tap around till you find it, you can take it off its not goin to hurt anything

civic98ek

Registered VIP
As soon as i get a day off where it isn't raining I'll jack it up and check it out. Bent the heat shield a few weeks ago but it was still rattling a little. And im a girl btw lol you called me man :p

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its prolly the heat shields chick*