Exhaust system comparison question

daytoremember

5+ Year Member
What's the horsepower difference between the spoon n1, mugen twin loop, and greddy evo2 exhaust systems? What puts out more HP, and what puts out less?

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
straightest pipe will put out the most, i would think. mugen twin loop is to dissipate noise

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
then dont get the spoon n1

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
go on youtube and look at the Buddy Club Pro Spec exhaust system. i plan on hopefully buying it one day. but i have a custom exhaust and a tom's motorsports axle back on my other civic. sounded really nice to me.

Interlinker

THe doctor is in...
5+ Year Member
Exhausts like Apexi WS2 (I own this one) ExMag 2, and Spoon version have more midrange torque due to the backpressure and I would recommend for stock to mild build motors. The canisters are originally made for prepped engines and turbos/supercharged engines. Free flow sacrifices low end and midrange torque but if all you are going to do is race it, then it does add a few ponies in the high end. Alot of people buy the canister cat backs due to it being loud but no one thinks about the tuning of it or the negative affects having no backpressure. No backpressure also = no gas mileage. Canisters are loud and the chambers and tuned exhausts are quieter and normally 93 decible complaint, which Mr. Officer tends to like alot more.

Good luck with the purchase.

EDIT: I wouldn't recommend axle back... sorry, left that out

ryanM

your comparing the wrong things here...

mugen twin loop and spoon N1 are axle back exhausts

evo 2 is a catback...

daytoremember

5+ Year Member
Well thank you all for the input, and I realize what I had said earlier LongGrain, but thanks for pointing it out. :D