Exhaust system

emerican

Registered VIP
personally i would never buy it.
save up the money and go with a quality exhaust.

DMaldonado93

if you really are short on money check out megan racing exhaust systems. Ive heard good reviews from them and they sound good and they're not expensive at all

emerican

Registered VIP
yonaka is 249 shipped i have it and love it.
there are tons of soundclips on youtube so you can see if you like how it sounds.

Hondakid1

I like the yonaka I just wish it was a bit louder, I don't want super loud but I want a semi loud deep tone.

ej6rodriguez

you get what you pay for, so for $100 youre probably not going to get a quality part and better off saving your money till you can afford something of better quality

Hondakid1

Well I have made the decision to get the yonaka, anyone know good brands for high flow cat and headers at a good price?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You don't need a high flow cat. And I have a Megan Racing stainless steel header. 4-2-1, 2-piece. It costed me like 175(?) 3-4 years ago.

If you don't already know, you won't gain any power with these mods (unless you have a DOHC, have way more supporting mods and are getting tuned, etc.). Maybe a couple whp on a good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondakid1

As for the catback, I know I will gain noticeable HP gain, seeing as the muffler that's on it is some oem muffler that according to the exhaust mechanic in town is really holding back a lot of power.

Jose1027

Registered VIP
As for the catback, I know I will gain noticeable HP gain, seeing as the muffler that's on it is some oem muffler that according to the exhaust mechanic in town is really holding back a lot of power.
Not really,you might gain 2hp the most,but you wont even feel it,bolt ons on a SOHC are just for looks nd sound.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It really won't do much at all except make more noise. Especially if you're going to be running stock header and cat. Also modifying the motor so it actually requires better flow would actually make it noticable.

emerican

Registered VIP
as stated above your not going to get any noticable hp out of the yonaka or any exhaust for that matter on a d series.
As john stated you dont need a high flow cat, but if you want one thats not actually just a testpipe go with magnaflow.

emerican

Registered VIP
i mean itll all go together the more mods you have the faster it will be the more power you will get, but the gains will still be minimal.