• Other PLEASE POST LATER

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

VTECSOHC02

On The Raod To Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you get you K20 yet??? I should have a straight behind pic soon.

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Howcome no one is talking about Skunk 2? I only read the first and last page so I may be wrong. But which is better, Skunk 2 or Tanabe? I wanted Apex but it sounds raunchy. Also, is the skunk 2 loud or deep and low like the tanabe?

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I favorable towards the Tanabe SRM. They're releasing an Ultra Racing Medalion thats all titanium. I also like the Greedy Evo but like I think I mention before, my buddy has it and lower hes civic and due to the large muffler section it scraped on med and large bumps. I also considered the HKS before I bought the Tanabe. I was influence for the tanabe due to the small tip and muffler. Hope this helps a little.

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by D16Z6 SOHC VTEC
The ultra racing medallion is pretty tight. Here's a pix of it at www.inlinefour.com. http://www.inlinefour.com/tanulmed.html. But which is better for performance???? And which is deeper?
I'm e-mailed inlinefour a while back and the major only difference from the SRM and URM is that the URM is lighter due to its made out of Titanuim. Also the muffler is difference. Performace or sound I don't know.

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey just read the link you provide and it only the muffler section is titanium not the whole system. My bads. I thought the whole system was titanium. So your paying more money for just a titanium muffler. <- Just my opinion.

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by VTECSOHC02
I'm e-mailed inlinefour a while back and the major only difference from the SRM and URM is that the URM is lighter due to its made out of Titanuim. Also the muffler is difference. Performace or sound I don't know.
Aight thanks man. From what I hear I would like to get the G Reddy ,but Like you said, it'll scratch. So that's a negative. Out of your opinion. Which would you take. Skunk 2 or APEX-i? Someone said stick to the Skunk 2 cuz they heard good things about it. And my friend said that I shouldn't get the APEX because it's meant for turbo cars. I'm looking for looks, deep resignating tone and performance.

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Tanabe SRM is "meant" for turbo/ tuned cars. From the Tanabe USA site: "Super Medalion Racing: Track-developed, extremely lightweight, straight-form design of Super Medalion RACING extracts the full potential of all highly-tuned engines." http://www.tanabe-usa.com/exhausts/medalionracing.asp I've heard good things about the Shunk2 and Apexi. I like Apexi but I didn't want a big ass tip. I really didn't do too much research on the Sunk2 till now and once again I don't like the tip. HKS I like if you do plan to turbo. I've heard good thing about HKS Turbo rep. Once again "for me" it was between the Greddy Evo and the Tanabe SRM. I went with the Tanabe SRM. Good luck!!!

EXestent'l

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i gotta save up man! dont worry k20 soon... no really not... id say a year... im going show and audio, and what ever performance i can still use with the k20 ill get.... but im saving like mad...

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by VTECSOHC02
The Tanabe SRM is "meant" for turbo/ tuned cars. From the Tanabe USA site: "Super Medalion Racing: Track-developed, extremely lightweight, straight-form design of Super Medalion RACING extracts the full potential of all highly-tuned engines." http://www.tanabe-usa.com/exhausts/medalionracing.asp I've heard good things about the Shunk2 and Apexi. I like Apexi but I didn't want a big ass tip. I really didn't do too much research on the Sunk2 till now and once again I don't like the tip. HKS I like if you do plan to turbo. I've heard good thing about HKS Turbo rep. Once again "for me" it was between the Greddy Evo and the Tanabe SRM. I went with the Tanabe SRM. Good luck!!!
Again, thanks for the info. I think I'll probably go for the Skunk 2. I dunno. It's just me. I do think that the Apex N-1 design is a lot nicer. But I don't like the tone and again, it's meant for turbo or highly tuned cars.

mistaxmike

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i had a racing medallion series on my integra... sound is awesome but performance wasn't that great. especially low end. at top i "think" i gained a lil but still... i wouldn't recommend it. nice exhaust tho.

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your not going to feel that much performance gain/loss in just bolting on an exhaust. But I will say that Tanabe builds "top end" exhaust. <- My Oponion

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by EXestent'l
ooooooooh she's a beaut... still looking for a rear pic straight on from the back... oh does the tip fit into the stock bumper where the normal exhaust goes... i dont want it off center restin on the bumper
Here's that pic...

EXestent'l

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
omf god im gonna order it within my next 2 paychecks (... : ) whatever im poor right now... bills first... im gettin it, screw the ultra medallion even tho i WOULD like it... would it fit on a k20 engine? still i dont care? i need her

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It should fit the K20. Don't know why it wouldn't. Glad you like. Search ebay. Thats where i got mine. $475 shipped.

d17VTEC

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have the GReddy Evo and love it. my vic is slammed and i havent had a single problem with it. i just barely roll over the f**kin speedbumps in my neighborhood though haha. GReddy sounds the best by far, and the power gain feels great up top.

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh, I agree that greddy is a great exhaust. I just perfer the Tanabe SRM. Do you have the coupe? My buddy has it on a sedan.

d17VTEC

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have the GReddy Evo on the coupe. its coupled with AEM CAI and the DC Sports headers and the sound is awesome. prefomance is noticably better, especially at higher revs. it really pulls from 4900 - 6200 (yea vtec)