• Other PLEASE POST LATER

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

VTECSOHC02

On The Raod To Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Ultra Medalion is a Super Racing Medalion except for the muffler section which is titnium and different style. Why pay an extra 200 up 400 just for that???

mistaxmike

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm not going to.... but i would pay 200 more for one.

jp8609

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HKS all the way! like 500 for the cat back and you don't loose your low end, thats key

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tanabe... Great look, Great Sound, and Great Performance!!!

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by D16Z6 SOHC VTEC
Howcome no one is talking about Skunk 2? I only read the first and last page so I may be wrong. But which is better, Skunk 2 or Tanabe? I wanted Apex but it sounds raunchy. Also, is the skunk 2 loud or deep and low like the tanabe?
Guess I'll put in my 2 cents.

I had Skunk2 before. It comes with a resonator which only worsens the sound. It's a deep sounding exhaust that's considerably loud but not annoyingly loud. I had to bend my hangers slightly to prevent the muffler tip from touching the bumper so it wouldn't melt. I think it sounded pretty good but I sold it only because I was tired of having a loud exhaust.

Appearance-wise, it's a 2 1/4 piping cat back. The muffler is attractive... seems big up close but not as large once on the car from behind.

Performance? It will eat up low-end power considerably. The only time I noticed high end power was when I topped out my car (meaning I reached the top speed a little faster with it). I don't believe it's worth it if you're looking for performance over sound but you can't expect performance out of it anyway.

Only issues I had with it is that the hangers broke from the muffler. When Skunk2 had their company in NO Cali I just went to them and they re-welded the hangers back on the car for no charge. I dunno if they decided to use the angle of my hangers on their Skunk2 mufflers now since they asked me if I had bumper issues and I told rhem I didn't, but if so that's good.

Oh, and no, it doesn't angle down. It looked perfectly straight on the car from the side.

EXestent'l

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ummmmmmmmmm im done drivin for a little bit looks like no mods for a f'in long time... speeding running 2 stop signs, along with a wreckless driving. DAAMMMMMMIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude thats sucks... but you brought it on yourself for driving like that...

scottyfordy

Mopar Muscle
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No exhaust system creates horsepower. That's none, nothing. The only way to get "performance" is by removing your muffler. By doing this you'll also get a $1500 fine.

The only way to gain horsepower through your exhaust system is by changing headers. How about leaving the system alone and changing your exhaust tip if you want a different look?

3 inch pipe'in is regulated for 250 to 350 horsepower, not 95hp Civics. And the key rule to remember for your exhaust system is bigger is never, never, never better.

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by scottyfordy
No exhaust system creates horsepower. That's none, nothing. The only way to get "performance" is by removing your muffler. By doing this you'll also get a $1500 fine.

The only way to gain horsepower through your exhaust system is by changing headers. How about leaving the system alone and changing your exhaust tip if you want a different look?

3 inch pipe'in is regulated for 250 to 350 horsepower, not 95hp Civics. And the key rule to remember for your exhaust system is bigger is never, never, never better.
Noob... with all due respect... adding an exhaust system to any kind of car, truck, suv, or pretty much anything adds hp. Pick up any automotive magazine or watch any automotive show and you will see dyno proven results. The increase air flow frees up HP that the car doesn't have with the smaller piping. So Bigger is better even in "95hp Civics."

scottyfordy

Mopar Muscle
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's okay, you've already proven your automotive knowledge by purchasing a Honda.

"The increase air flow frees up HP that the car doesn't have with the smaller piping."

Wrong, wrong, wrong. It lowers HP in Civics. You see, Civic's contain tiny little motors. These tiny little motors loose horsepower when you increase the size of the exhaust system. Cars, or rather Trucks, that produce large amounts of HP and torque an quite possibly makes gains by adding a bigger exhaust system, but that's because they have massive motors that actually take advantage of an increased flow. But in reality, it all goes back to your headers where the exhaust is being pushed out in the first place.

EXestent'l

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh i know im an idiot... but i had a test at school and i was late as hell... but ended up missing it...