exhaust vibrations

Dragoneye

RAZO Civic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey~

whenever it rains, or the ground it really wet, my EVO vibrates like a mofo. I think it's the exhaust because when they put it in first, it did it all the time, they just hammered the heat shield down, and all was good... until it rained..

as long it's not damaging anything, I'll take my time gettin it fixed.

so can I get some help with this?

thanks~

Dragoneye

RAZO Civic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
in vibrate, it's sometimes like a massage =)

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
first, is the the correct exhaust for your car??? why would u have to hammer the heat shield down??

islander27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i have an evo exhaust too....it just vibrates on my bumper since the tip is pretty big

Dragoneye

RAZO Civic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, I guess it's because of the bigger piping, and the heat shield not fitting around it.. makes sense to me, although I'm not sure what it exactly looks like... ok, well, if it's happenin to other people, it makes me feel better~
^_^

thanks, it really doesn't bother me that much, maybe just freak me out alittle

islander27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dragoneye said:
well, I guess it's because of the bigger piping, and the heat shield not fitting around it.. makes sense to me, although I'm not sure what it exactly looks like... ok, well, if it's happenin to other people, it makes me feel better~
^_^

thanks, it really doesn't bother me that much, maybe just freak me out alittle
does it vibrate on ur bumper though? since the tip is huge?

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the EVO II and it fit perfectly...i did not have to bang anything.

islander27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LatinEM1 said:
I have the EVO II and it fit perfectly...i did not have to bang anything.
lucky you....i dunno whats wrong with mine....cause the last time i check...the hangers werent stock.....so thats probably the problem

Dragoneye

RAZO Civic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Actually, it seems to vibrate the whole underside of the car. Maybe to the right side alittle. BUT, only when it rains...
Man, sounds like one of those "cartalk" questions. hehe

Bull

Statue of Chuckerty
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude when my exhaust rattled i looked at it and i found that it was the muffler can hangers hittin the frame of the car. i just some silicon tubing over it so it would click. then i got the hanger refabricated.

GSR_Tech

PROD7GY
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my tananbe HM does the same thing too but it vibrates directly under the car (mid-pipe) it does it all the time i dont know how to stop it :(

aframdb

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its common in almost everycar with a none oem catback...I have had it in mine and my friends have it in their cars i just had my guy drop it a lil havent had it in a long time

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tajke a huge ass chuck of as funn noodle for the pool and slip it in there thats works on my 7th gen with HKS