Exhaust vs. warranty

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
Why would you put an exhaust on a lease in the first place, since you know that you have to return that car?

And do you mean the entire exhaust system or just the Muffler?

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why would you put an exhaust on a lease in the first place, since you know that you have to return that car?

And do you mean the entire exhaust system or just the Muffler?
THIS!

you can find the answer in the contract you signed.

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
Yeah, it would say on the contract if you can do any modifications at all

Wax Hands

Smell my finger
Registered VIP
Dealers have gotten insanely critical about aftermarket parts on vehicles with warranties that they have to honor.

However majority of warranties can reject a claim or void your warranty coverage all together.

Also the car is a lease so don't do a damn thing to it.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Most people dont mod until the factory warranty is up. No headaches or disappointments when problems do araise.

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
Most people dont mod until the factory warranty is up. No headaches or disappointments when problems do araise.
The thing is, the car is a lease, so if the car is modified at any lvl, the dealer has the right not to take the car back at all...and he may have to pay a fine

daflash

Yea i wouldn't even drive by the place with aftermarket part if it's a lease lol sorry dude

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I Work at honda. The answer is yes, Any modifications to the vehicle will void the warranty just like if you owned the car versus leasing. The dealer also has the right to reject the return of the car or charge penalties for modifications. Just remeber, The dealer owns the car, not you.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I Work at honda. The answer is yes, Any modifications to the vehicle will void the warranty just like if you owned the car versus leasing. The dealer also has the right to reject the return of the car or charge penalties for modifications. Just remeber, The dealer owns the car, not you.
i work for honda also, and i disagree with the any mod will void a warranty, the part has to cause a issue literally in order to be deemed non-warrantted, such as a a car now has a high performance exhaust is installed on a car, and a owner comes in with a complaint of a tpms light is on, and needs a tpms unit, was it caused by said exhaust, no, it has to be proven, that's the law.

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
i work for honda also, and i disagree with the any mod will void a warranty, the part has to cause a issue literally in order to be deemed non-warrantted, such as a a car now has a high performance exhaust is installed on a car, and a owner comes in with a complaint of a tpms light is on, and needs a tpms unit, was it caused by said exhaust, no, it has to be proven, that's the law.
That's what i thought too. But why would you put it on a lease since the car has to be returned to the dealer any way. I understand a car bought by a person and doing mods. I agree with you on that, the mod itself has to be the cause of any issues.

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
The dealer owns the car on a lease. The Bank owns the car on a non-lease.