Exhaust Welding question

02_EP3_<3

Hey guys, i recently installed my Magnaflow catback on my em2, and have noticed a buzzing every now and then, like metal on metal. After I looked under the car, i realized it was the piping rests on the stock front subframe brace. My question is, can I weld the pipe directly to the subframe brace? My thinking is that would eliminate the buzzing and add stability to the exhaust. My only other option is cutting and welding a new pipe that bends around this. Any input is welcomed. Thanks guys!

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No you cant do that unless you want to rip the manifold studs out of your head.

Adjusting your exhaust is your only option.

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lmfao your kidding me? why dont you try getting a muffler shop..or if u have the resources, weld on a new exhaust hanger and pull it away from it so it prevents it from making contact?

02_EP3_<3

.....sorry, that's why i asked. I've decided to get the muffler shop to weld it anyways. thanks.

close thread

copternadley

Hey guys, i recently installed my Magnaflow catback on my em2, and have noticed a buzzing every now and then, like metal on metal. After I looked under the car, i realized it was the piping rests on the stock front subframe brace. My question is, can I weld the pipe directly to the subframe brace? My thinking is that would eliminate the buzzing and add stability to the exhaust. My only other option is cutting and welding a new pipe that bends around this. Any input is welcomed. Thanks guys!
you can do some welding on that. but be sure it won't affect other parts. do you have any drafts on it?

EG6 LIFE

Registered VIP
^^^^better have solid motor mounts>>>>shoulda got new pipe bent arround it....i feel sorry when u gotts get a new head

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah, the exhaust moves with the engine. Glad you took it to a shop to get it fixed.