Exhaust

DiCi21

5+ Year Member
I've got a 95 civic ex with the SOHC Vtec 1.6... any suggestions for a nice exhaust system. I want a nice smooth exhaust i dont really care for that high pitched "weed wacker" exhaust.

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a magnaflow on my 92 hatch and it sounds great. Real quiet and nice sounding as long as you run a cat. I've had it for like a year 1/2 with no rusting through boston winters.

didaskolos

5+ Year Member
Since we are on the topic. I was wondering does it matter what exhaust I get in my 92 civic hatch. I have a b18c1 motor, And I didnt know if I had to get a custom one cause of it. Or will just about any exhaust bolt up to the gsr headers.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
depends on what header your using, you need to find a cat and a mid pipe that will connect to your header as well as follow the exhaust canal under your car. im not sure how different the 92 civic is fromt he gsr but you shoudl look into a system for each car and see if people have pictures or have already dont this swap. im sure there are people out there who have thats not very rare. but if you do go for a custom exhaust dont go bigger then 2.5" with all mandrel bends not kinked bends. and please put a resonantor on your midpipe. youll be very upset witht he sound if you run a straight pipe from your cat to you muffler.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
isnt the buddy club a loud ass exhaust theres not much to it right?

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
isnt the buddy club a loud ass exhaust theres not much to it right?
yea the buddyclub spec II is basically a straight pipe with a tiny, almost nothing resonator, and right at the end of the exhaust it goes to a larger polished tip, its an awesome exhaust but just very loud.

that_sick_eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
go wit tananbe man nice smooth and quiet under 94 db but exspendsive, thats wat im gettin for my hatchie

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so basically get the same exhaust that i have on my car then you should buy my wheels off me cause your steelies are ugly as shyte.

DiCi21

5+ Year Member
I'm hopefullly not gonna be rockin the steelies for a too much longer. first i gotta do the exhaust cuz you know that i no longer have one...

DiCi21

5+ Year Member
oh and i saw these kickass 5 spoke gunmetal rims today on a 98 civic ex that i want to get for my car. Now the only problem is finding out who makes them and where to get them.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the girl at starbucks over by where michelle works?
those are gram lights and they are
a) way out of your league
b) not my old rims so you shouldnt buy them
c) shes super hot go in there one day, ps its an SI not an ex