exhaust????

97civichb

All That Is Great!!
5+ Year Member
So i just bought a 96 htach with a 95 ls motor (non-vtec) sad i know :(. my question is to all those with this setup in their cars what kind of exhaust do you have. it has a header and 2 and 1/2 inch exhaust all the way back and the f***in muffler just feel off tonite. so i want something that sounds good but not super lot and im kinda on a budget. so any input would be very appreciated. P.S. this is the best and most helpful civic forum i have ever been in. all u guys are so knowledgeable and helpful to us newbies. Thanx again for any input.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i would suggest searching, as there are TONS of topics on this.

But im in a good mood tonight lol

What are you looking for exactly?

Something sleeper/quiet?

Something somewhat loud/good tone?

Something loud/race inspired?

Need more info.

If you want just a new muffler, get an ES tuning muffler (Looks stock) for like $100 and have it welded onto the piping that is there.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
so just the muffler part fell off, the axle back?

All i can think that you would be best with is a WS2 axle back

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
+1 on the Apexi, heard it doesn't sound too loud and it looks sexy!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Apexi ws2
Greddy sp2
Tanabe medalion touring
Tanabe super medalion hyper spec
Rsr jmag
Invidia G200
Hks Sport exhaust
Es Oval
5Zigen cannon ball
Thermals exhaust systems
and Borlas got a nice one too.

all these exhaust have the same design/look, a "stocky" oval canister looking muffler. All these exhaust will be more silent then the stuff you prolly hear on a daily basis. prices range from 300-600 and pipe dia. sizes can be found in 2-3". the greddy sp2 has bad ass f**ken tip.. :D well, i hope that helps a bit.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just think the ws2 is such an overrated system.

I have never had one on my car, but ive heard/driven plenty of cars with them, and its nothing amazing IMO.