Exhaust?

MorphiasX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would like to put a new exhaust on my civic, but dont know jack about that kinda thing. I just want it to have a nice sound, and to look good, while keeping it pretty cheap. I dont want a big tail pipe though. I would like a nice beefy sound, but not really loud, or high pitched or anything, just enough to make it sound sweet... Any suggestions?

PAPPOUS

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey dood
check out www.listentomyexhaust.com
You can download vidclips of Hondas with diffrent exhausts.
Some one else have to fill in one the prices,since i live in Sweden and it expensive as s**t over here

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You should check out RS-R. I'm getting that exhaust for my teggy. Everybody that has it says it looks stock, sounds good but not loud, and it sounds really good at WOT.

Im taking about the Ex-Mag, it would look like this if you have an EK.

RS-R also has loud exhausts, they made them to have a minimal amount of bends. This exhaust is the GTII. Side by side you can see the difference.

Here's the GTII, on a EG.

MorphiasX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have an EG... I dont like the louder one, i dont liek how it looks with the big pipe/muffler thingy at the end. I love how that RS-R looks though, its sweet, how much and where can i get it? You have a clip of what it sounds like?

MorphiasX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nevermind i went to their site and saw the RS-R for an EG hatchback its $609... Im new to this, and not to sound dumb but is that all that it is, the muffler, tail pipe end, and the small length of pipe going to the engine? Would that have a noticeable increase in horsepower? Could somebody explain it please... Thanks for the input...

shaundrake

Project 20V AE92 RIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get a 2 inch inside diameter pipe, crush bent is fine, a Magnaflow muffler same diameter. They have 11, 14, and 18 inch (length) mufflers. The bigger the quieter. They have shiny stainless steel if you care how your muffler looks. Get a Cherry bomb resonator, same 2 inch diameter, available at Kragen etc. Go to a local muffler shop, not a national chain. Your final price should be under $200.

This exhaust will sound deep under hard acceleration, not too loud, and will be quiet as stock while cruising. And best of all, it will perform well.

It's that or you can get too large of a diameter, too expensive of an exhaust, and get that buzzy ricer honda sound that only performs well in the high RPM where you rarely drive.

Unless you have a turbo or a 1.8 with cams, 2 inch exhaust will make for a faster car.

I have a question. On that exhaust pictured, how does it avoid the fuel tank? Are you supposed to get a fuel cell?

CibicTurbo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i saw these RSR exhausts listed here on sale:
http://turboimport.com/catalog/92civic.htm

i've seen people talk about them on the other honda boards. They seem to ship quick and have most of the RSR systems in stock. Those EXMAG systems sound sweet.

now if I could only afford one too. :(

ready2swap

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If i were you you i would buy muffler you like and then take it to a muffler shop and have them build it custom with 2in. pipe. I did mine that way and it came out with a good tone, that does not sound like a bumble bee on crack.

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When i try to post pictures on this b***h, it says its to big but u post s**t like that up there ^^^ HOW?

MorphiasX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by FhCRubarb
When i try to post pictures on this b***h, it says its to big but u post s**t like that up there ^^^ HOW?
Are you trying to post them by attaching them to the post? (Where it says attach file) He did that by linking them from the site that they are on, then putting the url in the post, with the IMG code as needed.

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh ya thanks man, but im trying to post a pic outta my comp, guess u have to do it from a site :/

MorphiasX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All you have to do is upload your pic to a server, such as imagestation, or some other server. I have my pics running off my website's server which is lycos.co.uk

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get 2" custom piping and just get a rear section. If you're not going for optimum gains, just search for something that catches your eye. Maybe an APEXi N1 universal?

rvp420

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just an Ex Mag with my gsr swap and I love it. It has a great low tone that you can barely hear, and it looks great. And on the freeway or just cruising it is still quiet.

bloodyadobokid

Rock and Roll Friendly
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not really familiar with the custom piping thing. How does that work? Like, what to buy and stuff? Someone school me, please.