exhaust ?

mugenvtec98

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive already serched, but i couldn't find anything. im sure there is a difference between the ex and dx exhausts, but what is it? is there an adapter to make the ex fit the dx? or is the dx shorter than the ex? please help me out, i just bought a 97 dx coupe.

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what years the ex?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think its just the fact that the dx has the cat attached to the header and ex don't

so if u do buy a ex exhaust for dx, ud have to get ex header or somethin like that

celtic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can put EX exhuast on your car, you would just need a test pipe to fill in where the cat normally is on the EX.

ChoNNe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have an EX SP2 on my DX.... all i added on was an extension pipe.... the DX exhaust is longer then the ex because of the cat....just like celtic11 said..... hope this helps! peaCe

Vicious

1st gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if u want you can just get an ex exhuast but you'd have to get an ex cat (proformance cat) unless you wanna go with the test pipe

dj_audio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they do make adjustible test pipes. check out omni power, they make em adjustible so you can adjust the length to fit your setup.

ChoNNe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mugenvtec98 said:
where did you buy the extension and do you know the length? thanks

I got mine from a local performance shop here in Nor Cal...... its the size of a regular cat...mayb ask a shop around you???