extremely fast tire wear?

civic0918

Registered VIP
I check my tires ever week. This week i came home from work and my front tires are completely bald. My wife said she went about 100 miles total. I never in my life seen tires wear that fast what could cause it i mean does the alignment f**k them up that fast? It was aligned to just to mention. Could it be my under sway bar.

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is it uneven ware? like the inner is alright and the outer is bald?

does your wife seem like the type to drag/street race and/or burn out like there's no tomorrow? :lol:

civic0918

Registered VIP
the wear is even the whole tire is bald well both of them. She is a pretty good driver just not as cautious as me with bumps and pot holes and stuff like that. Its just weird because they were fine last week and i put atleast 3000 miles on those tires. And poof in 1 week the fronts are shot i dont understand.

str33tpr3p

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is ur car lowered ? it could be rubbing against the fender or something or cheap tires

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cheap cheap tires will go out FAST. That's why I never understand people who buy cheap tires. The quality is complete s**t. You think you're spending less buying cheap tires but you're spending more in the long run.

If you're lowered and haven't gotten an alignment, you need to.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah go to a tire shop and have them look at it, sounds like you need an alignment.

civic0918

Registered VIP
my tires are good tires. I had an alignment done think maybe it got knocked out of alignment on a hard bump? is that possible and bad enough to shread your tires in a week?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my tires are good tires. I had an alignment done think maybe it got knocked out of alignment on a hard bump? is that possible and bad enough to shread your tires in a week?
How hard of a bump did you hit? If you slammed something, it might've bent something. That can definitely cause extremely fast tire wear.

Also feel the tire. Look at the way it's wearing. Feathered, cupping, or only one side worn can indicate alignment issues. If the tire is literally completely bald, well then I guess you're SOL :lol:.

civic0918

Registered VIP
im getting my bushing kit on 2moro hopefully they can fix whats wrong. I was shocked to see them go that fast.

civic0918

Registered VIP
Ok john im gonna have to agree with you now. I had a shop do my bushings today check the alignment and all. They cant seem to see what would of caused that fast of tire wear and being even wear at that so camber is out of the question. The tires are maxxiss brand so i say f**k maxxiss never again. But ima go with a 15 anyway so i have more meat and even less wear with more flex.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Camber isn't the problem. Toe would be. That is what kills tires. Most, if it every car, has a tiny bit of negative camber.

And just because a tire says 400 tread wear, doesn't mean it's an awesome tire. Like I said, cheap tires SUCK. If you really have to, go to a used tire store and at least buy some decent used ones.

LXDriver

More HP is always good
5+ Year Member
I'm kinda having a similar problem, but my tires are wearing out from the inside and the rest of the tire is ok. I just had them aligned this past friday but they still look weird to me so im gonna go back to the place and ask them to redo the job or at least ask for more information about this problem, and the weird part about it is that my car is not lowered. Anybody might have an idea of what the problem might be?

EDIT: I dont know much about camber or toe so maybe some one of those things might be broken or something?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You could have a worn ball joint or bushings.

LXDriver

More HP is always good
5+ Year Member
Is there any way to check for this or how would I know if any of these are worn? I've heard that only the front tires have these, is this true or do the back tires also have the same ball joint or bushings?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm not too familiar with the actual technical / mechanical aspect but try jacking up the car and looking at the ball joint itself. Look at the bushings and see if they are torn, loose, etc. See if anything is loose.

I don't believe there are ball joints on the rear end of Civic's but I could be wrong. Again, I don't know much about the technical / mechanical aspect of parts.

civic0918

Registered VIP
Just had all new bushings put in it rides sweet but im using steeles on the front til i can get some new tires lol. I got the energy suspension master kit its amazing. But the installers couldnt even see how the tire wore evenly to the belts in 1 weeks. So i really am against maxxiss tires now. Unless its the road work on i 80 but my back tires are fine thats why i didnt understand my problem.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bullshit she killed a set of tires in 100 miles.

The car would struggle to move with enough toe to kill a set of tires in 100 miles, and that's coming from somebody who purposefully aligns his car so it eats tires in 5,000 miles.

LXDriver

More HP is always good
5+ Year Member
Yea its weird cuz to me 3 of my tires look like this:

and if I leave it like this then imma need new tires soon, please somebody help :(

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ya no way even a cheap tire would wear in 100 miles. someone jacked your tires when you werent looking

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea its weird cuz to me 3 of my tires look like this:

and if I leave it like this then imma need new tires soon, please somebody help :(
camber doesn't kill tires, toe does.