f**k a LS swap

clifford_05

Rockin the d-series
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well atleast you got most of the parts on the way.. seems like everything is coming together pretty smoothly..

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
is the head bolted down?

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that custom braket you made for the throttle cable is nice. looking good dude.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is the head bolted down?
no, just used one bolt to hold it in place so i can make that bracket, the head is back off now.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
since i have no AC nor PS,, why do i need that large pulley.
so

on the way

EgHatch93

EG Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea Ive got the CTR N1... Great choice... If you need rings... Just get pistons too :P Ive got CTR pistons for sale stock bore and oversized with new rings and wrist pins... OE btw... 279 + shipping.. hah.

Looks like a good one man... Hope it all works out for you... Heres some pics of my wire tuck...

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=234693656&albumId=336284

Ended up VERY nice... And good deal on the GSR doesnt matter if you have to rebuild it... Itll still be cheaper than a gsr longblock.. Where did you find it?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
already bought rings, keeping stock pistons, probably boost later down the road.

found it in a pick-n-pull junkyard swapped into a 93 civic coupe

Last edited:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone know if a B18b1 oil pan fir the GSR? if so, saves me some money on finding a pan.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
since i have no AC nor PS,, why do i need that large pulley.
so

on the way
damn dude....i have one of those for sale....because i refuse to use them...

the only pulley i will rock from now on (besides fluidamper) is OEM GSR machined to JUST the alternator pulley.

that way u get the lightweight part, the smaller part, and u keep the rubber dampening that is so important above 7,000 rpms on an engine without PERFECT rod/stroke ratios...

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
anyone know if a B18b1 oil pan fir the GSR? if so, saves me some money on finding a pan.
it will not. GSR and ITR have more baffles and have taller oil pickups.

oil pan for a vtec is deeper on the right side near the trans....in other words non vtec pan will not fit vtec motor.....vtec should fit non vtec though.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it will not. GSR and ITR have more baffles and have taller oil pickups.

oil pan for a vtec is deeper on the right side near the trans....in other words non vtec pan will not fit vtec motor.....vtec should fit non vtec though.

my gsr pan is beat to s**t, i have FLP oil pan weld in baffles on the way with my rings, but i think i might just get a moroso pan:???:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn dude....i have one of those for sale....because i refuse to use them...

the only pulley i will rock from now on (besides fluidamper) is OEM GSR machined to JUST the alternator pulley.

that way u get the lightweight part, the smaller part, and u keep the rubber dampening that is so important above 7,000 rpms on an engine without PERFECT rod/stroke ratios...
why would honda sell something bad for your engine?:lol:

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
why would honda sell something bad for your engine?:lol:
Its not a stock part. Its an aftermarket RACE part used on the CTR endurance cars, that get rebuilt after every race. Hence "CTR N1" pulley. so when your oil pump gear shatters, i'll be the one making that face :lol:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
king motorsports can machine down a OEM pulley for $90, but you have to send your to them, since i dont know any good machine shops up here