f**king Thieves

Fujiwara Tofu

needs soy sauce
5+ Year Member
So I wake up today to find my car's window is busted into a million pieces, and my 5' tach is gone, along with my A pillar plastic molding. the wires that I used to connect the tach to the tranny are ripped and frayed. It appears that the thieves busted my window, and then just grabbed the tach and ripped it off of my car. Now I have to wake up at 3am to go to work tomorrow with a garbage bag for a window, and part of my interior missing. Now I think to myself, should I try to continue rebuilding this car, and adding things to it? Or should I say f**k it and just buy a normal car that no one would even care to look at, let alone steal from it.

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
be happy you still have the car.. keep it and keep building. come on.. do it..

Fujiwara Tofu

needs soy sauce
5+ Year Member
can you get an alarm that does motion, or touch detection (someone bumps the car or breaks the window) if the car does not have power locks or windows?

jak

shaken...... not stirred.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
screw the thieves. keep doing what you love. just take some precausions.

bklynEG

FTW!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no matter what you do someone always pisses on your parade.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never leave anything in your car that is visible or that someone could possibly take. This why my car is empty and clean.

Fujiwara Tofu

needs soy sauce
5+ Year Member
It was a tachometer. How can I take a precaution, or make it visible so no one will take? I don't mean to be an a*****e, but I am in a really bad mood. I spent hours cleaning glass out of the interior of my car, and My a-pillar is gone. I have to somehow find replacement plastic molding for that as well.

House Special

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just keep your car and don't let this get you down. I"m pretty sure we've all been stolen from at some point.

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Fujiwara Tofu said:
can you get an alarm that does motion, or touch detection (someone bumps the car or breaks the window) if the car does not have power locks or windows?
i dont see why not.. call up a few places and find out. s**t gets really irritating, especially when they take stupid stuff.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Motion sensors are typically $100-150 extra with the price of the alarm if you have it installed at the same time as your alarm. I would recommend a compustar 2 way pager with motion sensor if you dont have an alarm yet. But its expensive just so you know...