F/S '99 Civic Si B16a2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I need to get an '00 Si B16a2 into my car because the emissions are different and its causing problems with my car. The motor is in great condition top quality condition but like I said it just isnt right for my car. It currently has 50K miles on it and has a fresh valve adjustment done. It pulls hard and doesnt show any sign of having a damn thing wrong with it. If you're interested please let me know and make me an offer, my dad's business does alot of frieght shipping so I can get a very good price for who ever buys it.

Its located in Madison, WI and this is for the motor ONLY, no tranny no ECU

Please take this off my hands! I dont want to boost the motor with the wrong emissions and s**t, GREAT IF YOUR SWAPPING OR REPLACING A BLOWN MOTOR!!!

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Um, price? Pics?

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's a picture but just make me an offer either on here or in a PM. My AIM Screen name is on my profile too if you want to talk about it....

Thats what she looks like now and thats where the motor will be until it sells

Dont worry, I baby this motor... I only push it when I need to and that isnt very often because work is 5 minutes from my house.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont get it, why do you need to sell this motor again?im confused....

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not an again, I had a SiR OBD1 so I got a 99 Si to go into my car but the intake manifolds and a few other things are different on them and its causing a code (local shop said they were exactly the same BULL s**t!), my honda mech. is going to do some work on it tomorrow to hopefully fix the CEL but if I can get a '00 that would clean the nasty s**t I would prefer that. Besides I'm alittle werry about boosting this car just because of the cobbling together of a few things to match up with the updated emissions on my car.... its a great motor and it would probably be a huge headache to swap again but its worth a try to sell this and see what I can get for it.

racerx661

certified pervert
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there is no difference between a 99 and 00 b16a2...if there was they would have diff engine codes b16a1 b16a2 b16a3, etc. something doesnt sound right about the deal

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
racerx661 said:
there is no difference between a 99 and 00 b16a2...if there was they would have diff engine codes b16a1 b16a2 b16a3, etc. something doesnt sound right about the deal
i think what he was trying to say is that his 2000 civic is illegal with the 99 spec motor. yes, they are the same motor, but the law says it must be newer than the chassis.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the motors are the same, just a few differences in the intake manifold and bypass hoses. otherwise its all the same

ct00si

soon to be boosted EM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Team 4R said:
i think what he was trying to say is that his 2000 civic is illegal with the 99 spec motor. yes, they are the same motor, but the law says it must be newer than the chassis.
i have heard that too the motor in your car has to be of the same year or newer

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont need emissions... it just looks like hell in my car because of all the crazy vacuum wiring s**t to get it all to work right

racerx661

certified pervert
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Team 4R said:

thats not the case.....that only applies if your upgrading the motor....he can use any b16a2 from any year 99-00, now if wanted a gsr or type r motor- this is legalities get involved

Status
Not open for further replies.