f22

mpaired_7126

5+ Year Member
i guess had this thought in my head and cant seem to find research answers. if the s2k have a f22 motor(if im not mistaking) is the same motor from the accord or prelude then how could the s2k be rear wheel drive. or why could the accord or prelude be rear wheel drive. can anyone answer me this.
please correct me if i got my facts wrong.

EGcoupey7

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so you have a single cam in your s2k you should put a f20 in it

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so you have a single cam in your s2k you should put a f20 in it
f20 came both single cam and dual cam. Be specific.

OP: The s2000 has either the f20c or the f22c. These are both dual cam and chain driven, NOT belt driven like most (if not all) other F series motors. The Accords used a belt driven F20 and F22, some SOHC and others DOHC. Notice that in all rwd front engine vehicles, the motor is perpendicular to the firewall. The crankshaft points towards the rear of the vehicle which indirectly connects to the driveshaft. The motor in all fwd front engine vehicles is parallel to the firewall, indirectly connecting the crankshaft to the axles rather than a drive shaft (which isn't needed in this case).

EGcoupey7

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
f20 came both single cam and dual cam. Be specific.

OP: The s2000 has either the f20c or the f22c. These are both dual cam and chain driven, NOT belt driven like most (if not all) other F series motors. The Accords used a belt driven F20 and F22, some SOHC and others DOHC. Notice that in all rwd front engine vehicles, the motor is perpendicular to the firewall. The crankshaft points towards the rear of the vehicle which indirectly connects to the driveshaft. The motor in all fwd front engine vehicles is parallel to the firewall, indirectly connecting the crankshaft to the axles rather than a drive shaft (which isn't needed in this case).
the f20 dual cam i was talking bout

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If the OP has an s2k, it may possibly already have an f20 in it, just not the same one as the accords.

mpaired_7126

5+ Year Member
oh my b i meant f20c n f22c. both accord and s2k has it. but how does it work if the accord is fwd and the s200 is rwd?

slomotion

Banned
oh my b i meant f20c n f22c. both accord and s2k has it. but how does it work if the accord is fwd and the s200 is rwd?
nicoyita1 has explained it once. Face the engine sideways( flywheel to your passenger side engine bay for most hondas) and that is FWD face the flywheel to the back of the car and that is RWD. there are major frame and body differences between FWD and RWD as well.

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OP, the F series in the accord is not the same as the s2k F, nor will just turning it make it to be RWD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_F_engine
Obviously just turning the motor sideways won't make it rwd. There are ways to make a civic rwd, but simply putting an s2k motor drivetrain in it isn't enough.......The car/chassis/suspension has to be built and reinforced to support that......