fail smog

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Fail smog even though I bought new catalytic converter, did mobil 1 oil change, ngk iridium spark plug change, intake air filter change...wtf? any clues what can it be? the dude said bad CO

1st result

2nd result

RonJ

Banned
How long ago did you replace the cat? Your engine is running very rich, which can kill a cat quickly.

Have you done an ignition system tune up -- plugs, wires, cap, rotor, ignition timing?

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just found out right now that my car is running on a p05 ecu..which is for cx model...since mine is a
Lx model. I believe lx is suppose to be p06...maybe that might be the problem..

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cud even I rev it, it redline at 6000 rpm and I believe its suppose to be 6500 rpm..

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks! i just bought a p06 for like $60..hope this time it'll pass

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Arlight! I pass! Damn feels great! lol It was because of ECU..I had a p05 in the first place but I replaced it with the p06. Problem solved!

Javier.San1993

I also failed my smog when I got my EG8 with a D15B7. I was always curious as to what made it fail. Can you guys give me info on how to check my ECU? Where it is, how to determine what kind it is...that's basically it..haha thank you!!

Using Tapatalk/SGH-1897

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I also failed my smog when I got my EG8 with a D15B7. I was always curious as to what made it fail. Can you guys give me info on how to check my ECU? Where it is, how to determine what kind it is...that's basically it..haha thank you!!

Using Tapatalk/SGH-1897
Pull out ur ecu...there should be a code on the side. it should say P06...If you have anything else different
from that P06, then you got a different ecu.

But failing smog can be a something else unless you got a wrong ecu

Javier.San1993

Pull out ur ecu...there should be a code on the side. it should say P06...If you have anything else different
from that P06, then you got a different ecu.

But failing smog can be a something else unless you got a wrong ecu
Thanka you two! Only problem is idk where it is exactly. I've read that it is attached to the firewall
on the inside on the passenger's side... I'll check after I eat some breakfast=)

here's a little help i put up..this is the CX ECU p05

Using Tapatalk/SGH-1897

Javier.San1993

It's behind the passenger side kick panel:

Thank you sir! I check, turns out its on the floor..... I bought my car when I was a lot younger, it was in such bad shape. No flywheel cover on tyranny, missing motor mount, ECU not in place, SRS light always on because "the cables weren't attached under the seat"... I'm trying to fix it little by little. Good news is that it is the appropriate ECU for my motor! =)

Using Tapatalk/SGH-1897

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah the ECU is located on passenger side fire wall...Just pull out the mat and it should be on your right side.

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If it didn't pass smog for any reason, you should try what I did:

Change Air Filter
Change Oil
Change Spark Plug (NGK Iridium)
Change Catalytic Converter
Change o2 Sensor

Javier.San1993

If it didn't pass smog for any reason, you should try what I did:

Change Air Filter
Change Oil
Change Spark Plug (NGK Iridium)
Change Catalytic Converter
Change o2 Sensor
I have til October to pass it. The last two on that list are the ones I need to change for sure. I just need to find a CA legal cat:/

Using Tapatalk/SGH-1897