Faulty Driver Side Airbag Inflator (SRS Code)???? 2000 EM1

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
Just like the title states, I had the diag done for the SRS and (Driver Side Airbag Inflator) was the fault code that was set off. I already tried resetting the SRS light twice and this is what happens. What are my primary options so far for fixing this type of issue? First time ever dealing with this, so I'm somewhat lost. Car has never been in a collision accident nor has the airbag ever been set off.

RonJ

Banned
Post the specific SRS code.

Did you recently remove the driver airbag? How did this happen?

Did you follow the service manual procedure to clear codes from the SRS control unit?

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
Yeah I went through the procedures of clearing the codes. When I was up at the Honda dealership getting my seat belt issued fixed the tech ran the code for free for me. The Tech cleared the code (for free...unheard of at a dealership), after I got the keys back I saw the light popped back on after I started moving. He told me what the SRS code was and it was the Driver Side Airbag inflator, which means I believe the small box that controls the inflating of the bag itself.

RonJ

Banned
You need the specific code. You can pull the SRS code yourself at home by jumping the service connector. Click the CEL codes sticky in my signature. There I posted the service manual diagrams for pulling SRS codes from your Civic.

The driver side airbag inflator is in the steering wheel.

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
I've never touched anything on the steering wheel. Nothing with the airbag has been messed with, only thing so far was the seatbelt tensioner was replaced. The SRS light came on with me doing nothing but driving as usual.

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
The code was pulled by the Honda Dealership, the code brought up "Driver Side Airbag inflator. I'm not understanding what else you mean by "Pull the code". It's been pulled, that's how I know why the SRS light is even on. If I reset it, it just clicks right back on. No matter how many times you reset it.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Click the link in his sig and pull the code. Ron is talking about the code NUMBER.

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
Figured out the PROBLEM!!!! It was a damn "CLOCK SPRING" inside the steering column. We pulled the codes and it showed nothing wrong with the SRS system. Just odd that its triggering the light on, I replaced the "Clock Spring" and fixed the problem! Also replaced my oxygen sensor. So may dash is light free from any engine code problems. I also found out that the so called CODE printouts from the stealership were just guesses by the mechanic clicking on screen what he thought was wrong. Oh I also had a leak coming from my "intake manifold Gasket" so I'm going to replace that tomorrow as I been getting funky idle HIGH and LOW issues constantly. I replaced my IACV, oxygen sensor, and clock spring today, she's one more step from being code FREE!!!!!

baha

2009 Honda Civic LXS
Both front seats, both side seat-belt retractors and buckles were replaced and the airbag module was fixed (by that company in GA, myairbags.com). But the airbag light is still on. Here are the codes I got after running scanner:
* 31-10 open in the driver's side airbag inflator (Permenant DTC)
* 27-10 open in the front driver's seat belt buckle tensioner (Permenant DTC)
* 28-10 open in the front passenger's seat belt buckle tensioner (Permenant DTC)

Please help if any fix is possible!

Regards,

baha

i already tried that, they are not cleared i dunno how to check the resistance since i donnt have tools. anyone had a similar problem n fixed it?