ferio badge

jono237

5+ Year Member
you guys are my last resort on this topic. ive spent months and i mean months researching what the jdm ferio badge looks like i have the placement down however of all the pics none have a resolution high enough to make out the actual badge when you zoom in. i know its one of two badges however i dont know the deal behind the two like what years they are for or what regions ive seen the top one on some Philippine civics and ive seen the bottom one on the honda.co.jp site however i am unsure if they changed to the top badge for the 04-05 models and they never updated the site because all the sites i see selling the top badge label it as jdm but i have yet to see it on a japan civic. bottom line i dont want the wrong badge on my car.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/1453/feriobadgejpg.jpg

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
umm.....what?

Do you have a Ferio?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Either way, you are going to have the wrong badge on your car. You dont own a Ferio. So just pick whichever one you like the looks of better, and slap that one on.

jono237

5+ Year Member
how do i not have a ferio i have a sedan es2 which is a ferio (sedan)

jono237

5+ Year Member
please explain to me the dif between the usdm and the jdm besides the tail lights grill and badge aside from the obvious rhd because i dont want to put something on my car that its not

jono237

5+ Year Member
the way i see it its no diff then a rsx owner putting a integra badge on there car

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
please explain to me the dif between the usdm and the jdm besides the tail lights grill and badge aside from the obvious rhd because i dont want to put something on my car that its not
Looks like you gave yourself a good start there.

The only difference between a pear and an apple is the shape, color and taste and I don't have access to the biological means to alter those so I'm not going to change those things. However, I think I should start calling my pear by the name of "apple."

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks like you gave yourself a good start there.

The only difference between a pear and an apple is the shape, color and taste and I don't have access to the biological means to alter those so I'm not going to change those things. However, I think I should start calling my pear by the name of "apple."
Lol to early to go that deep joe

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yea you just pointed it out right there, one is the the usdm model, the other is the jdm model. You dont have a ferio, therefore any ferio badge you put on it will be the wrong one. No one said putting an Integra badge on an RSX was correct, so I dont see why you would use that example.

Classic.....

jono237

5+ Year Member
Well if thats the only reason then i guess ill have to search another forum for my answer. I just like the jdm style so thats the look i was goin for so i was going to swap out the parts but i wanted it to be as authentic as possible

jono237

5+ Year Member
Just because it has a few accessories changed dosnt make it a diff car everything else is the same id hardley call a grill and tail lights a completly diff car

cIvIc2k3ex

5+ Year Member
jono, i have the ferio badge on my es1 and i think it goes perfect if your es model is fixed up it adds a nice touch, i removed my ex badge and just left the civic and ferio on there, but it goes right under the civic on the driver side toward the end of the civic, heres a quick pic of how mine is

you cant get the best view due to the angle but if you really want one ill snap one for you later on today
btw yea peeps on this site can be real stiff, thats why i moved over to 7thgenhonda. lots more help, better site for the 7thgeners

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just because it has a few accessories changed dosnt make it a diff car everything else is the same id hardley call a grill and tail lights a completly diff car
Walk into a dealership and try to buy a brand new EX for the price of a brand new DX. Just tell him that the few accessories dont change what car it is, so you shouldnt have to pay more. See what he says.

jono237

5+ Year Member
Walk into a dealership and try to buy a brand new EX for the price of a brand new DX. Just tell him that the few accessories dont change what car it is, so you shouldnt have to pay more. See what he says.
well where do i begin with this one the two cars have different engines so yea that more than a accessory and actually i did do that for my ex and the dealer said no initially but called me back the next day and asked if i was still interested and i am now driving it. only difference is i bought it used not new. but all the new civics have the same engine (except the si) so all the accessories are the only thing that hold them apart but with 7th gens that wasn't the case.

civic2k3ex thanx for a actual reply to my question and more pics will be greatly appreciated. where did you get your ferio badge from?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The two cars have different engine HEADS, not an entirely different engine. And the different head is just to accomodate the vtec in the EX.

Regardless, you can do whatever you want with your car. You could put turbo, dohc, jdm, and si tags ALL over your car. Bottom line is that those tags will all be just as inaccurate as a ferio tag. And the only reason why I point this out is because you stated that you dont want to get the "wrong" one on your car.

jono237

5+ Year Member
this is true i dont want the wrong one however ferio means sedan and i have a sedan so in no way am i representing something im not at least i dont think so all i was wondering is which one was from japan because thats the style i want to go with as thats the vehicles truest form

cIvIc2k3ex

5+ Year Member
i got it from a friend who took a college trip to japan, along with a few other goodies, actual parts from japan
i dont really got a pic as of now currently at work, but there isnt much to it, just a badge that says ferio that goes under toward the right side of the civic badge, and yes, it just means sedan, couse theres no coupes 7thgens in japan