Few Questions

89CivicDxHatch

5+ Year Member
panda said:
i know what ya mean.. i was just joking.. b16,b18, cz lol.. they are all good engines in my opinion but isnt the cz easyer to put into the bay because the motor mounts line right up?

either way he would need to convert to mpfi so..kudoz to your upgrading ideas

me i still got my d15 :D i roxorz im just saving up to do the cz,mpfi swappage because i dont really need that much later on power.. :D if that is the case i'll just buy me a cbr900 and have fun would be less exspencive in the long run too :D
lol@cz :D

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so where do you think that B16 came from? SI/DX knuckles.

i dont see how a LS is more then a B16. sorry ive said it once, ill say it again, B16s are a overrated swap for crxs and 4th gens.

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i no its over rated and unless i find a complete ls swap for less than a complete b16 im stickin to the b16

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
junkyards man, change the gaskets and belts, a B16 will come from a junkyard also.

you can get a LS for around $300, the lowest ive seen a B16a go for is $900.
dont forget you need to do wiring, get axles, knuckles, swap mounts, ecu, swap shift linkage.

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
junkyards man, change the gaskets and belts, a B16 will come from a junkyard also.

you can get a LS for around $300, the lowest ive seen a B16a go for is $900.
dont forget you need to do wiring, get axles, knuckles, swap mounts, ecu, swap shift linkage.
the swap im gettin comes with everything but mounts it has the stock mounts but i dont think theyed work.. so all i need is the knuckles and mounts

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
comes with linkage also? stock moutns wont work. what about ECU and dissy

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
comes with linkage also? stock moutns wont work. what about ECU and dissy
comes with stock b16 linkage plus ill have mine and i kno you can modify one of them to work.. the ecu is a pr3 or a pw0.. idk what dizzy but i kno the motor is obd0

Kataku

HAYOO
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
panda said:
i know what ya mean.. i was just joking.. b16,b18, cz lol.. they are all good engines in my opinion but isnt the cz easyer to put into the bay because the motor mounts line right up?

either way he would need to convert to mpfi so..kudoz to your upgrading ideas

me i still got my d15 :D i roxorz im just saving up to do the cz,mpfi swappage because i dont really need that much later on power.. :D if that is the case i'll just buy me a cbr900 and have fun would be less exspencive in the long run too :D
ZC, dude. It's ZC.

4gcivic69 said:
i no its over rated and unless i find a complete ls swap for less than a complete b16 im stickin to the b16
Like it's been said, just look around dude. B18A/B's are rather common, considering how long they've been in the U.S. You'll almost always find one cheaper than a B16, mainly because all the bandwagoneers want one so bad, so the prices are jacked up.

In the end though, of course, it's up to you. Your money, not ours.

SilentMist

10 psi seems like a dream
Your stock suspenion is fine the axel will go through . my boi using stock dx everything with a b16 swap only thing that he swaped on there was si rear disc.

You need to by linkage tooo. That linkage wont fit out 4th gens.

and Mounts other then that sound like you swap come`s with everything/.

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
SilentMist said:
Your stock suspenion is fine the axel will go through . my boi using stock dx everything with a b16 swap .
i have an std hatch so i do need the knuckles

EF Honda EF

yea you need si knuckles and an aftermarket shiftlinkage (Hasport) and aftermarket mounts.i did a b16 swap in my ed and it wasnt hard and i garantee you that a b16 will be way more fun and will satisfy you way more than a ls or b20 or ZC. all the dudes on here dont like vtec for some reason. i wonder y honda even made vtec if their zc's were so awsome. And a stock b16 will beat a stock zc in a 4th gen any day. And when you pop your hood you will se the nice writing DOHC Vtec. ZC's aint got that. All non vtec motors were made for fuel economy.

OVNi_CIVIC

Revise
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont forget to change your knuckles.......lol, i think i read that like 6 times......
that lil 4 speed tranny and axles are like toothpickiks in a marshmelow...

Kataku

HAYOO
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
89CivicDxHatch said:
he was making a joke
What's the punchline? Because I definately don't get it. :what:

OT: What part of SC are you in?

EF Honda EF said:
yea you need si knuckles and an aftermarket shiftlinkage (Hasport) and aftermarket mounts.i did a b16 swap in my ed and it wasnt hard and i garantee you that a b16 will be way more fun and will satisfy you way more than a ls or b20 or ZC. all the dudes on here dont like vtec for some reason. i wonder y honda even made vtec if their zc's were so awsome. And a stock b16 will beat a stock zc in a 4th gen any day. And when you pop your hood you will se the nice writing DOHC Vtec. ZC's aint got that. All non vtec motors were made for fuel economy.
It's not about "not liking VTEC". I think VTEC was a great invention by Honda. However, it's not the be-all-end-all that everyone seems to think it is. That's all most of us are trying to get across. That the massive price difference is really only worth it if you're a B-series fanboy. I could care less what he gets, it's his money, we're just throwing out other options to possibly look into.

And let's not even get into a "b16 will beat a ZC LOLZ". Of course it will by stock specs. But then get into the realistic point of view with cost vs. cost.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive beat LS swapped and B16 swapped hatches

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
ive beat LS swapped and B16 swapped hatches
nothin against you but they prolly where just little noobs that couldnt drive.. dont get me wrong i have a great deal of respect for the zc.. but i just really wanna step up to a b-series engine

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they were n SWAPPED cars whitch they swapped themselves.

i would go LS or B20 orver a B16 anyday, everyone and there grandparents swaps B16s in

panda

D-series soldier
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol.. cz's are faster than zc's you didnt know that lol.. it's like a new model honda is introducing into their cars ;)

i be from chucktown boi.. king skreet to dem islands mayin