ff to fr conversion

rotary_boi88

5+ Year Member
Hey yall!

Ok im planing to convert my civc to a rear wheel drive. can yall give me any tip or where to start.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
search.

mphscivic99

in progress
5+ Year Member
1. Sell your civic
2. Buy a rear drive car

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your not gonna do it so lets not waste our time.

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why would you want a rwd civic? it will never be the same as a reg RWD car. my buddy has a rear engine rwd del sol and it looks cool and all but prolly not the most useful thing you can do and like everyone else is saying you would spend less money just buying a rwd car

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
1. Sell your civic
2. Buy a rear drive car
dear god they let YOU back?!?!?!!

as for the conversion, i would say the same, buy a S2K, invest your money in something that atleast has a warranty hahaha

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
guys, he didnt ask for opinions on whether to do it or not. maybe he wants to do it cause you don't see many rwd civics around. i would throw a crv engine/drivetrain in my hatch and make it awd if i had the time and the money

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey yall!

Ok im planing to convert my civc to a rear wheel drive. can yall give me any tip or where to start.
Head to the junkyard. Find a 88 to 91 ef wagon awd. Take the whole suspension and drive train. Slap it in your car and you'll get some thing better an all wheel drive ef.

Its not that simple tho. Its a lot time and money for fabrication. Specially for the rear end. You will have to make custome brackets and s**t to be able to bold on the diff. Also re-enforce the car aswell.

A long time ago when I had my ef3 I found out the the ef wagon and tmy car had the same wheel base. They are almost the exact same car but of coarse one is a wagon. And thought bout making my car all wheel drive. But it would've been too much money. So you might want to rethink on what you want to do.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes, it is expensive and requires alot of fabrication but nobody asked him about his budget or his fab skills, they immediately went into why he shouldnt do it.

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
didnt see that u were from BP, Im from Roseville...MN ftw!!!

^ And the first thing I looked at was the 1989 LX...if it has crazy sentimental value or he has crazy money then by all means look into a $? project. as far as a crv goes thats heavy as hell and Im guessing you'd have to rebuild that drivetrain bc its not meant for alot of power...(that is if your going to build the motor 2)

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just in friendly nature, if you have to ask questions, then you aren't ready for this project. Many have attempted, many have failed. I've seen very few AWD converted Civics, and even FEWER RWD CIVIC. I've actually only seen 1. It was a 6th gen hatch, with a F20 swap (S2000), the whole rear end was cut off and now has a fiber glass body. It's a 400hp supercharged F20 swapped 6th gen hatch. It runs 10s here at our local 1/4 mile track.

I've talked to the dude personally, and this is what he told me:

-I wanted to be unique
-Be the first
-Build a monster sleeper (but not anymore)
-Regretted it due to time and moneys
-Took over 2 years to complete
-Costed over $20k

*So if you just so happen to still want to continue, you can, it doesn't seem too much complicated. Just need an expert fabricator to build you a new rear end to bolt up a rear diff, make sure you have a driveshaft that meets in the middle, fab some custom motor/tranny mounts, cut this, cut that, wire this, wire that, and you're good to go.

*AWD swap seems easier...

Good luck sir! Can't wait to see the outcome when/if it comes!

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Head to the junkyard. Find a 88 to 91 ef wagon awd. Take the whole suspension and drive train. Slap it in your car and you'll get some thing better an all wheel drive ef.

Its not that simple tho. Its a lot time and money for fabrication. Specially for the rear end. You will have to make custome brackets and s**t to be able to bold on the diff. Also re-enforce the car aswell.

A long time ago when I had my ef3 I found out the the ef wagon and tmy car had the same wheel base. They are almost the exact same car but of coarse one is a wagon. And thought bout making my car all wheel drive. But it would've been too much money. So you might want to rethink on what you want to do.
first off... you wont be able to do it using the AWD drivetrain....

second... you never had an EF3...

research your chassis codes...

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^Well, I'm pretty sure engine work, s/c, suspension, brakes, etc was included in that as well.