FG cut springs?

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
I don't see it.
the "kills" and what it says about the Mercedes driver...

cmon now, roadrage + racing? Not cool. thats how the honda scene gets an even worse rep.... damn fast and the furios movies :x

ceppto

5+ Year Member
go to coresportz.com they have neuspeed in stock I have the Race 2 inch drop for my 8th gen , but Im scared to install them since I have to aftermarket shocks for them .I dont even know if they have any shocks out for the 8th gen that can support the 2inch drop so they sit in my closet

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ceppto said:
go to coresportz.com they have neuspeed in stock I have the Race 2 inch drop for my 8th gen , but Im scared to install them since I have to aftermarket shocks for them .I dont even know if they have any shocks out for the 8th gen that can support the 2inch drop so they sit in my closet
lol let me fix that link...

www.corsportusa.com

AWESOME company, i know the owner.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Road rage and Ricer flyby kills FTL!!! Is this dude serious????

Damn I read Pittsburgh and was hoping he was in PA cause I'd have to meet up with him then and show him his car isnt a "Sleeper" :twisted:

0royalblue6

Nor-Cal User
5+ Year Member
lol oh yeah just to add that i havent updated that page in DAYS and that was when i first got my car so i was a bit cocky but oh well think what you want im just here to share in the civic intrests!

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
street racing is ghey. Do research bro..learn about your car and the parts for it...learn if and any impact that they have on the car....things like that. If you do things the right way...you'll really apprecciate it in the end.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
street racing is ghey. Do research bro..learn about your car and the parts for it...learn if and any impact that they have on the car....things like that. If you do things the right way...you'll really apprecciate it in the end.
it doesnt matter what it does to his car since mommy/daddy are paying for it. :wak:

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
G thug! You shake thats sales person hand (cardomain). Don't cut ur springs either, search before starting a thread. It just makes you more of a newb, sorry for being harsh lol, but it's for your own good.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man some you guys are being dicks. Just answer the question and be done with it. You saying something is ghey doesn't mean he's going to stop either way.

Don't cut your springs. Get some aftermarket shocks with your new drop, get a camber kit too they're cheap.

0royalblue6

Nor-Cal User
5+ Year Member
PhntmSk8r said:
it doesnt matter what it does to his car since mommy/daddy are paying for it. :wak:
first off you dont know that i work a full time job to make my payments and insurance so dont speak on me!
second thank you to all who gave real advise it wasnt like i was gonna leave them cut i plan on getting the springs in a month or two i was just wondering if it would hurt anything in the mean time and for all of you that are hating just cuz i street race shouldnt be actin like you have never tapped the gas a lil or accelerated a bit quicker than usual just so get a rise out of the car next to you. but anyways if i would have known this thread would have blown up in my face like this i wouldnt even have posted. i did do research and couldnt find anythin of cut spring for the new body style hence the new thread. sorry if i made myself look like a newb/punk/dumbass whatever i was just tryin to get some info:!:

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
0royalblue6 said:
first off you dont know that i work a full time job to make my payments and insurance so dont speak on me!
second thank you to all who gave real advise it wasnt like i was gonna leave them cut i plan on getting the springs in a month or two i was just wondering if it would hurt anything in the mean time and for all of you that are hating just cuz i street race shouldnt be actin like you have never tapped the gas a lil or accelerated a bit quicker than usual just so get a rise out of the car next to you. but anyways if i would have known this thread would have blown up in my face like this i wouldnt even have posted. i did do research and couldnt find anythin of cut spring for the new body style hence the new thread. sorry if i made myself look like a newb/punk/dumbass whatever i was just tryin to get some info:!:
cut springs were never good on any car, or year, and they never will be either. patience is a virtue

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I gave you usefull info.

Sorry for being an ass but sometimes it just has to be done.

And no, street racing is not cool. Too many horror stories for me.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cut springs are good if you want that ricer float. I thought that was the worst thing you can do, but I was just recently filled in on a new trend from my california-native roommate. People take a torch and heat up the springs and let the weight of the car compress them so you don't even have to take the springs out of the car or anything...yes I am serious.

Just get coilovers man.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
Cut springs are good if you want that ricer float. I thought that was the worst thing you can do, but I was just recently filled in on a new trend from my california-native roommate. People take a torch and heat up the springs and let the weight of the car compress them so you don't even have to take the springs out of the car or anything...yes I am serious.

Just get coilovers man.
where were you 8 years ago? seriously, not new at all. my freshman year people were doing that

#1FG

Rev Limiter= Fun Limiter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dont cut your springs. Its something that hot rodders did in the 50s and 60s because there wasnt a larger performance market for cars. My bud chopped his springs on a 92 sonoma and the only flex he has in his suspension is from the tires. Its makes your car hop all over the road and really doesnt imporve your performance all that much. IMO just save up some money buy some springs and shocks and do it properly. You wont regret it.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lilwhitecoupe said:
save for coils they are the best...
i hope you mean full coil overs and not sleeve coil overs:???: