Final Fantasy XI Online anyone?

JCrimson

www.jcrimson.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jsut wondering if you guys exhist. i just started and wouldnt mind playing with you guys.

whats your thoughts on the game? your specs? pics?

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
..... i've toyed around with the idea of getting this, but decided not to. i think it's terrible that they made a FF MMORPG. :angryfire

maybe i'll give in eventually... but i don't do pc games, and i didn't want to play online on the ps2. :what:

Kataku

HAYOO
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you're looking for a good MMO, this is not the one to choose. Nothing but a grindfest.

If you're really into Final Fantasy I suppose it's cool. I got tired of it very quickly though. This was before any of the expansions though, so some things may have improved.

JCrimson

www.jcrimson.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
<-- HARDCORE FF'er

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aren't all mmo grindfests? Wow is nothing but grinding.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
JCrimson said:
<-- HARDCORE FF'er
:rolf:

can i quiz you? :lol:

seriously, i think it's a shame that they made an mmorpg. just like all those little offshoots of FFVII. it's just a way to make money off their most popular franchise. :nono: f**king squeenix.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
:rolf:

can i quiz you? :lol:

seriously, i think it's a shame that they made an mmorpg. just like all those little offshoots of FFVII. it's just a way to make money off their most popular franchise. :nono: f**king squeenix.
:lol: I don't get you. You are FF fans and yet you don't want them to release other ff's? I doubt it is all for money. It's a part of the franchise right?

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it's not that i don't want to them release more FFs. it's that they've f**ked it up. FFXII was the worst FF ever...actually, the worst game i've played in a long time.

and all those little side games from FFVII? you can NOT tell me that it wasn't simply banking on one of the most popular final fantasies of all time. and freaking cell phone game, ye gods! what the f**k?!

i'm just disappointed in squeenix. square used to release high quality games, but not so often... now they're putting out tons of games, and none of them are nearly as high quality as they used to be. radiata stories? WHAT THE f**k WAS THAT?!?

i'm disgruntled. i will continue to buy final fantasies as long as they're on the playstation... but.. i'll give it two more games. after that, i think i'll have to cut the cord. FFXIII is supposed to have the same sort of battle system as XII. now, if they have a decent story this time (instead of the most cliche piece of s**t ever), i won't mind... not to mention, i'm sure it'll look much better on the ps3.

bah, i'm ranting.

and what else is new? haven't you figured out that we disagree on everything? :lol:

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
it's not that i don't want to them release more FFs. it's that they've f**ked it up. FFXII was the worst FF ever...actually, the worst game i've played in a long time.

and all those little side games from FFVII? you can NOT tell me that it wasn't simply banking on one of the most popular final fantasies of all time. and freaking cell phone game, ye gods! what the f**k?!

i'm just disappointed in squeenix. square used to release high quality games, but not so often... now they're putting out tons of games, and none of them are nearly as high quality as they used to be. radiata stories? WHAT THE f**k WAS THAT?!?

i'm disgruntled. i will continue to buy final fantasies as long as they're on the playstation... but.. i'll give it two more games. after that, i think i'll have to cut the cord. FFXIII is supposed to have the same sort of battle system as XII. now, if they have a decent story this time (instead of the most cliche piece of s**t ever), i won't mind... not to mention, i'm sure it'll look much better on the ps3.

bah, i'm ranting.

and what else is new? haven't you figured out that we disagree on everything? :lol:
=) That doesn't mean we can't be friends. :slice: I hear you there. I think they just kinda hit a low rate. I thought x was good.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
x as in X? haha. ten, you mean? i have no complaints about X. X, X-2, and II are my favorites. :D

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
x as in X? haha. ten, you mean? i have no complaints about X. X, X-2, and II are my favorites. :D
Um yeah exta. :shock: . . . yea yea FF 10 :D My personal favorite was 3. I have it on my game boy advance. lol thats way too dorky

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i have the original US III... snes, baby. :lol: i like that one, too. ha.. i pretty much like them all, except XII. and maybe V. but i didn't sit down and really try to play it... i got anthology for VI. :what:

hey, nerdness is ftw! :lol:

oh, as a matter of fact... my husband and i were just talking about III. we were watching FFVII:AC and i mentioned that i would LOVE if they completely redid VII for the ps3. it would look a-freaking-mazing, and they could have the characters look just the way they did in AC.

.... but my point was that they should remake III. could you imagine putting a voice to kefka? how sweet would that be? sigh... i want to play a final fantasy... *sniff*

JCrimson

www.jcrimson.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ffXII was good in my opinion. i beat the s**t out of it and i was done. it wasnt really long if you stick to the main story. i beat it 100% in 110 hrs.

and for you who dont like enix, star ocean: the second story for psx was incredible. good game. i dont liek the ps2 till the end of time.

ffXI is good and its really addicitive.

ffXIII main character is a chick btw, and the combat system is supposed to be close to XII's

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no one will change my mind about XII. i couldn't even finish it. first FF ever that i have not finished. once i pick up a game, it's extremely rare that i don't see it all the way through.

it was an abomination, imo. everyone was so wrapped up in the mmo-ish gameplay, that they didn't pay attention to the story. oh, wait, maybe that's because there wasn't a f**king story to pay attention to! it was s**t. utter and complete s**t. every FF has been rich in character development and story. i can't think of a single one of the numbered FFs that was this lacking. XII tried for an ensemble cast and failed miserably. they either need to devote a LOT of game time to developing an ensemble, or stay with the tradition of a couple of main characters.

though i think it's odd. X had a main character, yes, and a main romance, but you learned a whole lot about that main ensemble. i don't see how the hell they screwed up so terribly on XII. FF should be something you play for the story AND the gameplay.. not a f**king dungeon runner.

i really f**king hated that game, and i hope they put more time into the story of XIII... but since they have so many little offshoots for that one, i'm afraid it'll end up just as shitty. hopefully the beauty of those graphics will keep me distracted.

/rant.

JCrimson

www.jcrimson.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i liked it, but you are true about the story. the little it had sucked. lol

ps: im a sucker for romance in ff =)

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that drives me nuts. i know a lot of guys thought X-2 was a chick game (it was kinda charlie's angels-ish), but EVERY FF has a good romance. they are good at doing it, and developing those relationships. i don't see why they didn't have more character development in XII, and why they didn't develop a romance?

if they had put a LOT of time into the story of balthier and fran, i would have liked it better. vaan was dumb.

i just think they're ruining everything that the final fantasy series has been about. i have a friend who tells me that i just don't like change when it comes to that... and i guess he's right. but you can evolve a series without completely changing what it's been about for.. what? two damn decades?

the romance, imo, is what made X and X-2 so good. the fact that they finally did a true sequel was great.. but that means those characters had two full games of development, and it was rich. i loved it.

Kataku

HAYOO
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JiuJitsu_greg said:
Aren't all mmo grindfests? Wow is nothing but grinding.
Sadly, that's my point. It's worse than WoW. Which should give you an idea of what I really mean when I say grindfest.

Akiahara96 said:
that drives me nuts. i know a lot of guys thought X-2 was a chick game (it was kinda charlie's angels-ish), but EVERY FF has a good romance. they are good at doing it, and developing those relationships. i don't see why they didn't have more character development in XII, and why they didn't develop a romance?

if they had put a LOT of time into the story of balthier and fran, i would have liked it better. vaan was dumb.

i just think they're ruining everything that the final fantasy series has been about. i have a friend who tells me that i just don't like change when it comes to that... and i guess he's right. but you can evolve a series without completely changing what it's been about for.. what? two damn decades?

the romance, imo, is what made X and X-2 so good. the fact that they finally did a true sequel was great.. but that means those characters had two full games of development, and it was rich. i loved it.
I'm one of the minority when I say this. But, VIII has always, and probably will remain, my favorite of the entire series. I'll also never understand the obsession people have with VII. It was great, sure, but not as mindblowing as people like to imagine it was. Though I admit the movie pretty much pwned all.

X and X-2 were really good too. The mission deal in X-2 was not so great, but I still enjoyed it. XII was decent, but yeah, nothing amazing. I was pretty disappointed myself.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i hated VIII for a long time.. then i went and replayed it. i enjoyed it more the last time i played it.. which was oh.. about a year ago. my biggest issue is that the main storyline is too short. there's much more to do as far as sidequests go, but they're quite hard. i don't have a problem with that.. i just wish there had been ten or fifteen more hours of main storyline gameplay. :P

i think VII was a big deal because it was the first on the playstation. we all saw those psone cinema scenes and went ooooohhhh. i really like VII because one, sephiroth is one of my favorite villians ever.... two, at that point in time, it was the most complex final fantasy, imo.... three, the character development was great. =) it's not my favorite, but i think it's a must play for any rpg fan.

of course, then FFVII:AC came out and i fell in love with that. god, i'd love to see it redone. the ps3 is almost capable of that. it would be so preeeeettty...

Kataku

HAYOO
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
True, it was groundbreaking in those regards on its release. Just the game itself didn't stand out all that much to me. Great game, I loved it, just not near being my favorite of the FF series.

Of course...Xenogears pwns the s**t out of all the FF's to date. f**king Square for keeping it a sleeper hit.