330ft ------ 5.8402
1/8 ET ------ 8.4771
1/8 MPH ---- 96.94
1000 ET ---- 10.5976
1000 MPH - 111.17
1/4 ET ------ 12.4828
1/4 MPH ---- 123.83

Also ran a 12.44 @ 121 MPH

Having some trouble out of the hole. Need to heat the tires up a bit more and get on the stall a little more. Should be able to drop the 60' a tenth or two.

On the top end the tranny tune is killing me. It wants to upshift into third at like 5500rpm and then immediately downshifts back into second. Without that, i could easily pick up another couple MPH and a couple tenths.

I'd say on a good day, once the tune is done, the car will hit high 11's on the street tune.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not bad. of course if you had a stick you wouldnt have that little problem. :lol:

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
not bad. of course if you had a stick you wouldnt have that little problem. :lol:
:word:

Anyways, congrats!!! Some sweet times!

How are the gears on the Mustang automatic trannys? I see lots of people tuning automatics. Thats a big no no in the import scene lol.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Nice numbers man.. got any vids?

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice numbers man.. got any vids?
No, which f**king sucks.

My second race was against my roommate in his 03 Cobra. He's running a 2.2 Kenne Bell and makes ~530 to the wheels.

He ran a 12.42@118. I had a better reaction time (.6 vs .7), but with the KB he pulled from me off the line and i slowly started reeling him in once the turbo spooled. I beat him to the line by only .0669 seconds. It was an amazing race. I guess everyone in the stands stood up to watch us. Would have loved to watch that.

It would have been nice to see my burnout and how i come out of the hole too. Next time i'm making sure there's a camera there.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Congrats man.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jesus, what are you planning for race/high boost tune? 9s?

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn, w/a 1/4 that fast I was expecting to see 60fts in below 2.2, but damn son you stang is haulin ass!

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice numbers on the stang man

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, once you figure your launch rpms, and find a tire you like that hooks, your time will go down.

my best was a 12.4 @ 108... but that was an all motor notch back.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jesus, what are you planning for race/high boost tune? 9s?
:lol:

Mid 10's would be enough for me.

damn, w/a 1/4 that fast I was expecting to see 60fts in below 2.2, but damn son you stang is haulin ass!
Ya, i definitely need to work on the launch and i'm definitely hurting a few MPH with the shifting issue. We'll see what happens when the tune is good and i've had some time to get used to the car again. It hasn't been at the track in a couple years. It was definitely weird and it made me a bit nervous.

:thumbs up

you should be running 10's tho! :lol:

Damn close. Guys are trapping low low 11's at 125-130mph with some decent tire. If i can launch with some boost and get traction the car is going to f**king haul ass down the track.

I'm sure, with the street tune, that it'll be a high 11 second car. The track here isn't known for great times and traction always seems to be a problem.

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
f**king mustangs...... jk lol sick car man. my buddy needs to turbo his stang

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Great numbers Zinc! I'd love to get me a piece of that Mustang at the track with the ole Suby!

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So, uh... If I gave you 20 bucks, could I get a ride in that thing?