Finally found a Sol...Good deal???

• Thread starter psychotic_civic
  • Start date

psychotic_civic

ok, Im stoked that i FINALLY found a Sol that caught my attention. I was passing the local honda dealer and there she was....a bone stock Sol SI so I called about it and the guy said it was a 95 in showroom floor condition, so without hesitation i give him all my info on the phone for the loan app...then i ask about the price, he says 7,900...i almost choked. well i calmed down and asked the mileage. it only had one owner and get this 51,000 original miles!!!! i test drove the bone stock SI and it ran like a champ and is the cleanest original Sol ever. my question is is 7,900 too much??? im getting $1500 for my trade in.

ryanM

yes 7900 is a lot for a del sol

but if it is the you WANT above anything else, in perfect condition. go for it.

i paid TWICE bluebook for my car, and it was worth every penny

psychotic_civic

he showed me a binder with every single maintainance receipt from the cars original owner...that was awesome and with that low of mileage....ive seen them go for $5500 with like 120k on them with no records.

ryanM

i got one of those with my car too.

if you have the money and it is exactly what you want then go for it.

psychotic_civic

thanks man yea some people dont understand that there is no price on getting what you love

kdj

5+ Year Member
I over paid for my ej1 to but couldn't be happier but just make sure you gonna be able to pay for it so a ricer doesn't get a hold of it if it gets repoed.

psychotic_civic

haha yea im gonna leave it the way it is...its in too good of condition and has too low of miles to be ragged out and ripped apart by some ricer....if anything i MIGHT lower it 2"

Del_Slo

5+ Year Member
it aint really that much considering.
thats rediculously low mileage.
i paid almost 2k for mine and it had 195k on it. still runs like the day it was made. (didnt car since im throwin the b16 in it.)

but even at that mileage and condition which car wise is perfect i bought it under what it was blue booked at. by a 100 bucks but none the less.

heavy ass cars though only downside.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That is pretty spendy... but sometimes a car you love found in mint condition can be priceless. Opportunity doesn't knock twice.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wish i could find a nice sol around here... i really want another one!

psychotic_civic

Yea...i think theyre becoming a diamond in the rough. i hardly see them around any more and when i do they got body kits with bondo and crap all over it. im like man do they not realize it was the only two seater civic in existence??? pretty unique little car

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
post pics of the car when you get it man

psychotic_civic

oh i sure will....i got scared haha because i was goin to the gym and i passed by the dealership and it was not anywhere!!! so i quickly hauled ass over there and to my relief they had it behind the dealership fully detailed. maybe thats a good sign that theyre confident it is already sold to me haha.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Remember one thing...: Your price for happiness should not matter at all.

Timmy_B

civic in progress
5+ Year Member
sounds good mate,
post pics when u pic it up..
u sounds really excited, go for it, after all it's just money : ) it will be worth it's weight in gold to you.

psychotic_civic

prob gonna get it tomorrow...its mine i just gotta sign the paperwork. will post pics probably on wednesday bc its my day off

dewskie dew Eg6

5+ Year Member
damn i must say if i found a del sol with only 51,000 original miles and one owner, forget about the price, you cant put a price tag on love lol