Finally got a car in JDM land...you guys wonder what it is?

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Most of you guys don't know me. I'm not an avid off-topic poster. But some of you guys might know me...haha.

I sold my EJ8 after a failed high compression build and just swapped in a stock D16Z6. I moved to Japan this past August. I finally found the right car and i just did a release video. I got it for $1200, it's a deal and half IMO.

I just dropped it and installed an intake, I also found out I have cusco front and rear sway bars. Will have more videos soon!

This is my first video. I know I'm a little too out-focus/in-focus happy, next video I do, I'll make sure to take more in-focus shots. Enjoy!

[youtube=]Iuu2UODxWXs[/youtube]

BTW, the kid in the video is my younger brother. Not me....aha

mark pones

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
current mood allows that music to fly... otherwse cool video.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what 1200!!!???? god damn i hate japan. not fair

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think I'm moving to Japan.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go to japan. get a car. ship its ass over here. thats what we should do. or just build a big ass bridge

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I always thought importing a car from oversea countries was hard because they have different emission laws (less strict?).

Otherwise, I'm sure everyone and their mom would be importing RHD vehicles, skylines, etc. all day long.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Not a huge fan of that body style wrx.. but congrats nonetheless on picking up a new ride and being in Japan!

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Emission laws in Japan are stricter, but our safety laws are stricter. If you import a car to United States for it to be legally driven here, it needs to be have re-inforced bumpers and all glass changed because glass in United States don't shatter. That's why Japan has 'shorty bumpers', compared to our really large bumpers.

JDM Lancer: They're bumper support is like....small.

USDM Mirage: It's like a friggin brick. haha

But a good amount of people import cars everywhere. In my city there are a good 4 R34 GTR's and a few Silvia's. It's not too hard to get done, it's just a long process and there are ways around it. I know in my state you can drive JDM cars legally as long as you only drive it 2000 miles a year, and it can be considered a 'kit car' or whatever. And of course, you can make any car as a track car only.

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not a huge fan of that body style wrx.. but congrats nonetheless on picking up a new ride and being in Japan!
Each to their own, I didn't want a Subaru when I first got here. But after re-watching Initial D and see Bunta in his 22B...and I started to test drive Subaru's left and right. It eventually changed my mind. They're really torque-y. My brother has a R32 Skyline GST-T Type M its RWD, and it has NO TORQUE...haha.

I have a video of it too. I'll post it up when I upload it.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I approve :thumbs up

I love those old Imprezas! Just like what you said about the WRX in Initial D, although it's a Subaru Impreza WRX STi Type R Version V, AKA GC8 and not the 22B STi ;)

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So you picked up a GC? Very nice!!! +rep

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Hopefully to get more pictures up. I still haven't gotten a picture of it with the new drop.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The best thing about this entire thread (besides that you live in Japan) is that you listen to Mac Miller. I love you.

current mood allows that music to fly... otherwse cool video.
Although everyone is entitled to their own opinion...I still want to deck you in the face.

lil95ex

what 1200!!!???? god damn i hate japan. not fair
i got mine for 1200 and its an ej1 just getting broken in lol but i guess it helps that im good friends with the guy i bought it from... but then again it is a honda and he sold it to me to get a wrx.

Last edited:

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
after all the way these recent threads have been popping up, i was a little skeptical.

but this thread delivers.

:thumbs up

iBeast

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im jealous.. just curious, why did you move to japan? military?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got mine for 1200 and its an ej1 just getting broken in lol but i guess it helps that im good friends with the guy i bought it from... but then again it is a honda and he sold it to me to get a wrx.
yeah getting a honda for 1200 is super easy. but a wrx isnt nearly that easy

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
after all the way these recent threads have been popping up, i was a little skeptical.

but this thread delivers.

:thumbs up
Thanks! I try...hahah.

im jealous.. just curious, why did you move to japan? military?
My parents was stationed here around Sep. 2009, and I stayed behind for a college scholarship I was in. After I graduated from the program/scholarship, I decided not to take the job they offered me. Then my mom said that there are a lot of jobs and schooling here for me to finish. So I came here, and this is where I am...haha.