Finally installed LCA's, si cluster, megan tie bar...

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had these for almost a year now I think. Bought em from blazed. Haven't really touched my car for a year or two because of the lack of funding... A "friend" of mine got rid of the Si's I let him borrow and my replica type-r spoiler he was painting, and instead of us beefing, his dad stepped in and agreed to reimburse me. So I'm getting some small parts and trying to make her legit for recon so cops stop harassing me at sobriety checks, or when they have nothing better to do. So far I got some cherry oem headlights, realized my replica tail lights are dot approved. I just need to secure some things in the engine bay, rip out my fog lights, hids, get another alignment done, installed the coupe headliner, and I should be in the green. But at the same time I'm trying to see if I can pick up type-r headlights from this guy here, along with either his oem tail lights, or type-r ones, or both, and his ctr mirrors, spoiler, and steering wheel. He wanted me to grab his type-r seats but I wanna rock the black ones...

I found a lower megan tie bar for $60 and slapped it on. Half ass cleaned my flex's for some pics.. picked up a si cluster and si grill too... here's some pics... will post up pics of the grill tomorrow. Figured out how to fix the bumper sag underneath my passenger headlight and painted my rear wiper... don't wanna be ballin' too much wit the chrome...

sanded down...

then painted... did a ok job i guess. first time.

moved the safety check down to the bottom so I won't get a hard time on future inspections or when I finally get my reconstruction permit.

[

threw on a old heavy metal local acura dealer plate frame to add some "bling" lol.

36,000 miles!

swapped in my original odometer. learned the hard way about uncalibrating the needle... I fixed it though, and can anyone tell me why I use to be able to go about 300-320 miles per tank and now only high 200's? and when i filled up it hit 11.787. just read our tanks are 11.9?

loosened up..

lining it up...

Finally installed... and I put white grease on the bushings and in where they sit... hopefully they last... i've heard horror stories.

Megan bar... wanna get a DC, Beaks, or something else later...

Almost 3 hours later...

So my plans for suspension upgrades later are...
- Upper strut bar when I've done a motor swap
- Lower front tie bar and ctr sway bar
- Rear ASR brace and crt sway bar
- Rear brake disc set up
- 5-lug conversion (in the future)

and I'm hoping i can get a second job soon so that I can pull out a long for 10 grand so i can swap in a k20 type-r in her. a guy down here is changin his mind so he's sellin it complete, with all ek mounts, ac brackets and what not for 9 grand. I wanna slap on a rsr exmag or vibrant muffler (heard it's not bad... soundwise), something suttle and not too loud and hopefully those type-r parts so my car can be that much closer to being finished! Then I can get that 09 Accord Coupe v6 that i want so bad! haha.

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Great progress.

How hard was it to pop those needles off the cluster? I have a Si cluster with the gas and temp needle broken. So i just swapped that whole part with my normal EX one.

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks.

It's not that hard, assuming it's the same as the speedo. I just used a flathead, went as close as i can so I don't scratch the face. You can wrap it in tape or whatever to be more careful than me, but can't see anything behind the needle if it does scratch. But once you have the right leverage, just pry it off. Slowly, carefully. It's gonna feel like you might break it, but just do it slowly and it'll pop off. I'm not sure how the temp and gas are compared to the speedo wit the calibration. but it shouldn't be as hard. I got my info from a post on honda tech.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks good man especially the si speedometer

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
looks good. Definitely invest in an ASR brace and a thicker sway bar.

:thumbup:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks great...

glad u got some gas, i was getting worried...

now wax that car, she'll love u forever

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol i need a sway bar in the first place! I was reading that the si sway bars, front and back are around 13ish mm, and the type-r's are 22ish mm. Is there a type-r front one that big are am i stuck getting the 13ish mm for the front as well?

yeah i'll wax her soon... overdue. and the replica headlights clear coating is starting to go.. any idea how to recoat it so it doesn't start to look all grungy?

and as far as my gas milage. i took out the stock box and i'm just runnin the rubber "pipe", i know i probably need o2 sensors replaced.
. I'm guessing I don't hit the 300's anymore since I'm not doing a lot of freeway driving anymore. Mostly city and highway. But right now I'm a little over half tank and i got 158 miles...