first buid! New to this and need HELP!

Alec95

alright, so i have a em1 with a 100% stock b16a2. the only problem is that i want to be able to have fun in this car without worrying about it blowing up. i know its a honda but still... so i either want to tear it down and rebuild it, or swap it with something. but i have no idea what i could swap in? and could i just loose the b16 block and build a b18 and put it on there? HELP! I am open to any and every suggestion! so if you have any ideas about what i could swap and/or what i would need to build the motor please let me know! Thanks! :suprise:

codeman76

If your not on a budget find a b18b block and build a ls/vtec.

codeman76

Just depends how far you want to go with the build. I would throw the b16a pr3 pistons in the LS block. And you already have the b16a head thats a +

Alec95

Ok thanks!
No I am new to this so will you explain to me what an ecu does/is? And which one I can use as an upgrade? Or where I could get it?!?
I know I am asking a lot but thanks!

codeman76

The ecu controls all the various sensors on your engine. It also monitors things like ignition timing and air and fuel ratio things of that nature. The ecu in your car now is the best choice for your stock set up. You do have the option to have your stock ecu chipped and tuned though. Your stock ecu is obd2. If you really start modifying your engine like build a ls/vtec for example i would recommend buying a obd2 to obd1 jumper harness and convert to obd1 and run a p28 ecu chipped and tuned for your set up.

Alec95

Alright
I have been throwing around the thought of a k24a2 swap. Whatcha think? Ad how much do you think it would cost me?

FML_EK

yeabuddy
That would be on the expensive end. Would also take time. People do it all the time and I would love to do it but there is so many parts u need to complete the swap

emerican

Registered VIP
What is your budget, power goal, mechanical knowledge, once we know this we can recomened something.

Alec95

My budget is around 5k
I really just want somerhing unique and a lot faster than my b16a2 with 200k on it.. Lol
I've been thinking about the ls/vtec, but what is the advantage of that?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This has been covered a million times. Search feature and google are your friend.