First Civic!

Crydius

5+ Year Member
So like I said in my last thread, this is my first Civic and my first car that is REALLY mine.
So for the car:

1994 Honda Civic EX Sedan
SOHC VTEC D16Z6
342,000 miles.
$100.

Now for the problems.

-Rust on all 4 doors at the bottom.
Worse on the driver's side. Looks like it either from salt, or from scratches that were never repaired.

-Rust on the rear rocker panels where it meets the bumper on both sides. 2" by 2" patch.
No rust on the rear wheel wells.

-Driver's Side Blinker Cover is smashed.
Anyone know where I can find a new one for cheap?

-Axle Back Exhaust is rusted through and needs to be replaced.
Again, cheap option? Is it okay to buy a cheap ebay brand?

-Low power/speed to the windshield wipers?

-One nozzle for the wiper fluid is missing.
Where can I find one?

-Radio Seek/Search Buttons do not work.
The radio stations are stuck to pop music and country.

-Broken slider for heat.
Stuck on hot, but will need to be fixed for the summer.

-Bumper is dented.
Should I pop it back out with a blow dryer or just go with a JDM Front?

-Both rear doors do not open from the outside.
One's lever seems to be detached, I have no clue about the year. It feels like it's all connected, but we haven't ripped it apart to check it out.

-Horn is broken.
Is it expensive ti fix?

Horn, Exhaust, and Blinker cover need to be fixed to pass inspection. The rest is just annoyances.

SUNROOF WORKS PERFECTLY.

Imagine that.
The one thing I could care less about works.

Ideas for fixes [correct me if there's a better/cheaper way to do this.]

Blinker: $16 - OEM replacements via ebay

Axle Back Exhaust - $75 - Cheapo Ebay Brand
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95-96-00-CIVIC-2DR-4DR-AXLE-BACK-EXHAUST-MUFFLER_W0QQitemZ180426071862QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2a023b5f36

Bumper - Heating it and popping it out. - $0

Horn - ?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
pics

and those headlights look horrible

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oem. look on craigslist

Crydius

5+ Year Member
Nothing on my local Craigslist.

Is there someone online that will sell just the clear lens cover for the drivers side blinker?
my friend found one for his CRX for $16.

Edit: Found some on ebay I'm going to grab for $16. Both left and right blinkers.

JDUBB025

JDUBB025
5+ Year Member
Those are fine they will work. I would recomend doing amber lenses they look soo much better than the clear ones but that is my opinion. Alot of the stuff you are having trouble with you could try goin to some salvage yards and snaggin up the used parts for cheap at least that is what I do for the minor things. If you are lookin to mod stuff you are gonna spend more. The rust problems can be solved through some body work that will require some skill but hey practice makes perfect. I will be undergoing a rust removal this upcoming summer. You can go through Andy's Auto Sports to find some of the body panels you may need to repair the rust. As far as the doors go I have been having trouble finding replacement doors. if the doors are rust at the bottom you may want to look into replacing the weather striping on your windows more than likely that is where the water is coming from that is causing the rust. Well after you fix the doors lol no reason to spend money on that if the doors are gonna be junked down the road lol. I hope that helps some. There are a ton of parts out there for your four door. Have fun and remember it is your car do what you think is best when it comes to the look =)

Crydius

5+ Year Member
Not looking for it to be a project car. I didn't plan on fixing the rust much, if at all.

It's to get me through the winter, and then for me to drive when I get my Coupe, so that I can have a car besides my project car.

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DAM! i aint seen that much rust on a car in a long time. pull out the primer and stop it from spreading. for the doors yeah dont worry bout fixin the rust. just get new doors and i agree with whoever had the idea for amber light: they do look alot better than clear. good luck and i hope this car gets into a somewhat decent shape

Crydius

5+ Year Member
Hahaha, I'm from Vermont.

This is considered pretty clean here.
And it's incredibly hard to find one without rust through the rear wheel wells.

Luckily, this one doesn't have ANY on the wheel wells, but my friend and I decided it wasn't worth putting the work into doing the rocker panels [neither of us are able to seal them].

The doors were an option to replace, but again, we didn't think it would be worth it.

I just need to get this car able to be inspected.

I just don't know anything about replacing a car horn. And I didn't know about the problem with the horn until I handed them the signed check.

But like I said, it was $100.
So I don't really care. Worst case scenario is I paid $100 for a D16Z6.

1Lowcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If i got that car for $100 it would be seeing some serious field/back woods driving.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If i got that car for $100 it would be seeing some serious field/back woods driving.
lol, civics are great drifters =) lol u just have to drift in reverse so its like being rear wheel drive ;) lol and for a 100 why not try it..lol jkjk

Def primer it to prevent the cancer from spreading

Crydius

5+ Year Member
Needs blinker, axle back, and horn to be drivable.

And I need a car to drive. I currently don't have one.

Also, it was really only $60.

It had a full tank of gas.