First shooting and sighting in with new barrel for ruger 10/22

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I got my barrel in and just started some target practice, first time and all plus I was using a ghetto stand but still...not bad IMO

Anyhow I was quite impressed and if I get some good ammo, make my trigger pull less, and some practice, I think I should see some great improvements.

Comments welcome, good or bad

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Was that your best group? Match ammo?

You can make a 10/22 shoot much tighter. With better techniqe/ ammo you could be drilling a single hole
at 150 easy.

Nice pick up though .22's are fun

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nah not match ammo plus I was using this shiting telescope tripd for my base lol

for the first time with the new barrel and having to sight it in, I am pleased with my results

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice. I want a .22... I'm stuck with my good ole BB gun though :lol:.

jimted79

16sec civic!!!
5+ Year Member
Nice weapon, I have a 10/22 but it was my grandpa's so it's got a wood stock and stuff not as pretty as yours.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You call wood stock not pretty? What's wrong with you?

lilwhitecoupe

Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pretty good, i dont think i would file the trigger though. i have heard of people having problems with them mis firing after they were filed...

clifford_05

Rockin the d-series
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not a bad group.. If you used sand bags to steady your shot and was sure you had your scope sighted in well you could make that group alot closer.. Nice gun btw.. Id like to pick up a 10/22 sometime..

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i'll have to post up later what we were shooting off of.

thanks though

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
went to a range today tried several different rounds, gonna try to get my 75 down a little better but 75 is more than I'd usually shoot. Wish I had a pic of a 50 yard target but I was nailing them just like the 25 yard. Very happy, now just need my trigger adjustment.

clifford_05

Rockin the d-series
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wouldnt shoot more then 50 yards or so with a .22 in my opinion.. I mean yeah you can do it but alot harder to be consistent unless you had a great scope and stuff.. Im sighting mine in for 40yds and its doin ok.. Just need to tweak it just alittle more but does fine for now.. That 10 rd group at 25yds is lookin pretty good..

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the comment. Yeah I know 75 yards is a little out there but I wanted to try it, I think I am going to get it perfect at 25 (which it seems it is) and then go for an in between and make my 50 yard a little tighter, for a .22 i think that's about the best , dont you?

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the way I see it is I shot all of my 10 rounds on the 75 yd shot in the 2 inch diamond...any rabbit, squirrel, bird, would be gone.

granted I like target shooting the most