first start after going turbo

lvlistchif

5+ Year Member
i started my t25 td40 turbo project for the first time today and as soon as i started it white smoke comes pouring out of the exhaust...now when i pulled it in the garage it ran fine it was my DD and never had 1 problem with it, dsm 450's and tuned crome. honestly im thinking its the seal on my turbo because i see oil dripping out where my cat and downpipe meet. any ideas?
*edit*
now i look on the backside of the compressor side of the turbo (inbetween the compressor and exhaust side) and i see oil on the backside of it meaning that the seal would be bad? i also see a bunch of oil on the oil return tube and the front of the block (like if something had dripped/sprayed on it). im pretty sure its my seal on the turbo so what would be the best way to go about this? would it be hard to have it fixed? i havent driven the car yet if that makes any difference.

lvlistchif

5+ Year Member
would putting an oil restrictor on it change anything? or maybe going thicker oil im using synthetic at the moment

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
what kinda turbo....

if its something small just buy another one lol....

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like its one of those turbos that come with the ssautochrome or ebay turbo kits. They are known to have bad seals. Either buy a new turbo or get that one rebuilt.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
sounds like its one of those turbos that come with the ssautochrome or ebay turbo kits. They are known to have bad seals. Either buy a new turbo or get that one rebuilt.
not really...a td04 sounds like a greddy turbo...if thats the case....yes you probably blown out the bearings....you should have ran a restrictor with it in the first place....so your gonna have to get a turbo new or replace the seals...just make sure to get a restrictor on the turbo oil feed line for your next turbo...

rwlsvtec_03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you clean anything with brake clean? such as any internals.. When I re rung my ls vtec, we used brake clean to clean everything. It blew smoke for about a half an hour.

civic hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had a ssautochrome turbo that put down some great numbers, but first i rebult it with all new seals, ssautochrome seals suck big time didnt cost me much either much less than going with a named brand unit i ran that car for about 7000 miles before i sold the whole set up and now the guy i sold it to is running it for about another 5-6000 miles,

just rebuilt it, put new seals into it and see where it goes from there.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ya man as well get a cheap ebay 50/63 turbo....

then make sure to run a restrictor on it....otherwise you WILL blow the seals ....