First the Civic, Then the Lude, Say hello to Teggy lol.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
New Update on Post #22 UPDATE 5/30/10

Well as most of you know. I had 95 Civic EX that I traded for a 90 Prelude Si (aka the Batmobile). Well, once again I have now traded the Lude for a 90 Integra LS. Really only for to reasons. One I wanted a civic again and this was the closest I could get in a short amount of time lol and two I wanted something with more options. And by that i dont mean power options. I mean modifying optionsNew Update on Post #16 UPDATE 5/30/10

Well as some of you know. (anyone from cc ) I had 95 Civic EX that I traded for a 90 Prelude Si (aka the Batmobile). Well, once again I have now traded the Lude for a 90 Integra LS. Really only for to reasons. One I wanted a civic again and this was the closest I could get in a short amount of time lol and two I wanted something with more options. And by that i dont mean power options. I mean modifying options. with the lude I was limited to suspension, motor, traction bars, and whatever other custom parts you can fab up. dont get me wrong, I loved the Lude and the guys from preludepower.com have brought alot of stuff to the cars but I wanted more. With the civic it was almost limitless. Now with the Teggy I have many more options to pic from. Anyway. Enough rambling on. On to the Specs and Pics before I start my own personal touch to it lol. Got big plans for this one that will be much easier to achieve lol.

1990 Acura Integra LS
B18a1 1.8L non-vtec (for now lol)
5-speed for course
243k on the car 160k on the engine and trans.
power brakes
power steering
cruse control
AEM short ram intake
Front strut tower bar
Insanely loud 3" exhaust with no cat and a rather annoying muffler
2001 Integra front seats
Dual Bend Short Throw
Supposedly JDM taillights (gotta check into that still)
NO RUST AT ALL

That's it really. for the most part its still stock. even has the old school sawblades on it. just need to clean them up a bit.

As for what needs to be fixed. Not much really.

Got fix the interior lights, clock, horn. its all one fuse but its getting grounded out somewhere down the line after the under dash fuse box. it pops the 20a fuse the second i touch it in its spot. hell it even popped a 35a fuse lol. if worse comes to worse ill just run new wires and call it square. Found the problem. Not fixed lol

need to get a radio install kit. the radio is just sitting there right now and there are no front speakers and the antenna is missing the shaft. no biggy though. i work at an electronics store. half off baby lol. Fixed

there is a decent oil leak. let me rephrase that. it goes through about a quart of oil ever 200 miles or so. its all over the underside of the car. all the way to the muffler lol. im fairly certain its the oil pan gasket. its only silicone right now. no gasket at all.

i need to clean the egr and the iacv

i need to fix an exhaust leak. but i plan to get a whole new exhaust anyway.

i need to change the cooling fan. but Ive got a new one. Fixed

both window gears need to be replaced.

and that's it. all in all not bad.

As for what i have planned.

Paint is a must. the door jams are gold, the car was red originally so the underside of the hood and trunk is still red. the outside is blue and flat black.

gotta get some nice 16s

slam the b***h lol

im going to get some doors with power windows and locks if i can find them. the local pic-a-part has three of these in the same year so i should be able to find something around here between the hundreds of yards. i dont really care about locks too much since i can just add that later when i do an alarm system. but i gotta have power windows being a 5 speed and no a/c lol.

get a decent alarm system

30% window tint

and the big one. ls//vtec.

on to the few pics that I have taken so far. still needs a wash but oh well. oh and the white spots are not on the car. it was raining out when i took these lol.

. with the lude I was limited to suspension, motor, traction bars, and whatever other custom parts you can fab up. dont get me wrong, I loved the Lude and the guys from preludepower.com have brought alot of stuff to the cars but I wanted more. With the civic it was almost limitless. Now with the Teggy I have many more options to pic from. Anyway. Enough rambling on. On to the Specs and Pics before I start my own personal touch to it lol. Got big plans for this one that will be much easier to achieve lol.

1990 Acura Integra LS
B18a1 1.8L non-vtec (for now lol)
5-speed for course
243k on the car 160k on the engine and trans.
power brakes
power steering
cruse control
AEM short ram intake
Front strut tower bar
Insanely loud 3" exhaust with no cat and a rather annoying muffler
2001 Integra front seats
Dual Bend Short Throw
Supposedly JDM taillights (gotta check into that still)
NO RUST AT ALL

That's it really. for the most part its still stock. even has the old school sawblades on it. just need to clean them up a bit.

As for what needs to be fixed. Not much really.

Got fix the interior lights, clock, horn. its all one fuse but its getting grounded out somewhere down the line after the under dash fuse box. it pops the 20a fuse the second i touch it in its spot. hell it even popped a 35a fuse lol. if worse comes to worse ill just run new wires and call it square.

need to get a radio install kit. the radio is just sitting there right now and there are no front speakers and the antenna is missing the shaft. no biggy though. i work at an electronics store. half off baby lol.

there is a decent oil leak. let me rephrase that. it goes through about a quart of oil ever 200 miles or so. its all over the underside of the car. all the way to the muffler lol. im fairly certain its the oil pan gasket. its only silicone right now. no gasket at all.

i need to clean the egr and the iacv

i need to fix an exhaust leak. but i plan to get a whole new exhaust anyway.

i need to change the cooling fan. but Ive got a new one.

both window gears need to be replaced.

and that's it. all in all not bad.

As for what i have planned.

Paint is a must. the door jams are gold, the car was red originally so the underside of the hood and trunk is still red. the outside is blue and flat black.

gotta get some nice 16s

slam the b***h lol

im going to get some doors with power windows and locks if i can find them. the local pic-a-part has three of these in the same year so i should be able to find something around here between the hundreds of yards. i dont really care about locks too much since i can just add that later when i do an alarm system. but i gotta have power windows being a 5 speed and no a/c lol.

get a decent alarm system

30% window tint

and the big one. ls//vtec.

on to the few pics that I have taken so far. still needs a wash but oh well. oh and the white spots are not on the car. it was raining out when i took these lol.

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks like she needs some love

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol seems like every car u get needs a s**t ton of work, but glw the build man

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A drop would make it look way better, GLWB...

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ahahahaahahahhahhhaha.........three colors ftl. Definitely has more potential than the prelude though. Nice trade. In for updates.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol seems like every car u get needs a s**t ton of work, but glw the build man
lol its so true. well the civic was basicaly the first 5th gen 5-speed civic ex or si i could find for under $1500. my 86 cougar had just died and i was driving my brother in-law's dodge dakota while he was overseas. i only had about two weeks to save up and get a car, so it had to do. then the trans in the civic died and i couldnt afford to repair shaft on the motor and replace the trans. i actually had a new trans and planned on swwaping it in until i found the damage to the output shaft on the motor. so i traded the car for the prelude straight up and then sold the trans i bought. the prelude was in pretty bad shape but had a clean body. just needed alot of electrical work and replacement of missing parts. i had it almost back to good working order when i decided i wanted my civic back. so i went on the hunt again lol. i almost traded for a 92 dx with a dohc zc swap but that didnt work out. i eventually found this little bugger in kentucky. we met up that night about half way ( about a hour for both of us) and ended up test driving the cars and inspecting them for like 3 hours. i instantly fell in love with the fact that it had power brakes, power steering, and a hydro trans. which were the three biggest things i missed about the civic. so i was a deal and here we are.

A drop would make it look way better, GLWB...
thanks man. ive seen these things with a drop and they look so clean. i cant wait.

Clean base, good luck with the build
thanks

Ahahahaahahahhahhhaha.........three colors ftl. Definitely has more potential than the prelude though. Nice trade. In for updates.
you missed one lol. its four colors. red, blue, gold, and flat black:P

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Says the guy with a Mustang.....even a Ford in GOOD shape is going to need a s**t ton of work :lol:

Gold? Wheres that at?
says the guy that bought a 7th gen, where they made a grand total of like 3 parts for it, lol

but back on topic, if i was u, first thing id do is take care of that oil leak

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Gold? Wheres that at?
the door jams are a weird olive gold metallic color lol
first thing id do is take care of that oil leak
yup. thats the plan. i bought a gasket for it and will install it this weekend. then im going to take the car to the car wash and pressure was the hell out of the underside. (they will hate me for this lol) hopefully that will be the end of the leak. if not, atleast i will be able to pin point it better. right now there is so much oil under the car i cant tell where its coming from. all i can see is the gheto oil pan gasket job.

nice trade but needs a lot of work.. goodluck man
thanks man.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
says the guy that bought a 7th gen, where they made a grand total of like 3 parts for it, lol

but back on topic, if i was u, first thing id do is take care of that oil leak
Hey I knew that before buying my second EM2. But I got the car for a daily, not to mod.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good luck with the build man looks like a good base to start from

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good luck with the build man looks like a good base to start from
Thanks man.

And just a little update

4/13/2010

A buddy of mine just sold his car and took his Philips H3 HIDs out beforehand hoping they would work in his new car. well they didnt lol. so he gave them to me for FREE. Gotta love it. So into the fog lights they go lol. now i just need to separate the lens and put something in the upper section to block some of the glare. either way. wow. what a difference.

BEFORE: (yes i know i have a headlight out. brights still work though lol. its on my list)

That's right. the ballast glow H.I.D. lol

Holy Glare Batman LOL

With the fog lights on

With the fog lights off

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
GLWB, more potential than that damn prelude is for sure. Take care of her, you got this one in the bag.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds like some good plans. how long do you think you will keep this one though? lol.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
GLWB, more potential than that damn prelude is for sure. Take care of her, you got this one in the bag.
thanks man. it sure does.

sounds like some good plans. how long do you think you will keep this one though? lol.
i know right. i change cars so much its not even funny. and its funny you should mention that. a buddy at work has a 95 cx hatch with a y8 swap and si trans that he offered to trade me. gotta say. its tempting. i want a little civic again lol. for now im keeping the teggy though.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad you might be keeping this one, but i'd love to own a cx again.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for a car that has NO RUST AT ALL.. the bottom of the trunk where the spare goes looks like a big pile of brown rust unless someone just spilled a large bag of dirt, brown sugar, or something similar..

just saying...