first time HID buyer

na2000civic

5+ Year Member
hey guys im lookin to buy some HID kits one for my sisters bday she has a 95 integra n i have a 93 civic hatch. .i was just wonderin if theres any modifications that i gotta do to any car to intstall HID's .. or is it just a plug n play thing? i was lookin to buy a xenon pro kit...its my first time with HIDs n im still tryin to learn and that the reason that they are hella expensive i dnt wann mess them up lol some help!

thanx

greg

Zee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its plug and play if you buy the HID kit

91civicfreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sorry to thread jack, but i was wondering the same thing. you cant just go buy the HID bulbs, what else do i need?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just get the whole kit. I can get you the whole kit for a really good price - under $100 shipped, just send me a pm..!

They're expensive because you're getting the HID bulbs and for them to operate, you need things called Ballast, which take your cars 12v's and turn it into 20,000v's. Pretty hefty stuff.

Not to mention the light output is 3x brighter but also runs cooler.

maluskeeter

5+ Year Member
theres no modification needed...for your 1990 civic, it is an easy plug and play that simply requires you taking out the stock bulb and literally putting in the new one and plugging it up to the ballast...they are an easy install

our kits use hella ballasts and phillips bulbs and come with a 1 yr warranty..let me know if you would be interested

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i had to cut the wires for the low beams and had to connect them to the HIDs.....dont get me wrong it was easy.....but its not just plug and play....

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the kit i bought was direct plug and play, no cutting any wires at all.
got them from the group buy here

lkailburn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:.-( everytime a HID PnP kit gets installed i get a little bit more sad...

-Luke