fix-it ticket on a vehicle i no longer own

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A month or so ago i got a fix-it ticket for window tint on my truck. It was at a DUI checkpoint so it was b.s. and I had 50% tint (legal) but somehow the officer's reading came back as 39%. Anyways I recently sold the vehicle and my court date for the ticket is next friday. If i bring proof of the sale will i still have to pay the ticket?

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
And my gut feeling says yes, but I'm no legal professional. I would assume yes because no matter what, since you owned the vehicle while you were being ticketed, the ticket sticks with you, not the truck. I don't think tickets can disappear in the database, though it is human ran computing....

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You owned the vehicle at that time. I don't see you shouldn't pay the ticket. If that wasn't the case, everyone and their mother would sell their vehicles to friends and s**t to get out of tickets.

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
try showing them your boner. worked a few times for me.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Guys keep this civil or the thread gets closed.

I have to agree with most of the other people in the thread....since you owned the truck at the time, I think you will likely have to pay the ticket.

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I might be really high but this isn't the same thread I read like 5 minutes ago. Just saying. And OP, GLWT.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
vjf went all homomod(<3) and deleted some posts lol.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i thought a fix it ticket just meant that you have to fix it or you get fined in that case im not sure probably not because you don't own it anymore call your dmv and ask or just bring proof to court that you sold it.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
vjf went all homomod(<3) and deleted some posts lol.
I think people appreciate a homomod deleting posts more than they appreciate an a*****e mod giving infractions :lol:

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well like i said it was really 50% which is legal anyway, so I took pictures of the truck with 50 and Im going to bring those in. If that doesnt get me out of the ticket then I'll show them that I sold it and see if that works. I was just wondering if anyone had been in a similar situation but thanks for the responses those of you who took it seriously.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well like i said it was really 50% which is legal anyway, so I took pictures of the truck with 50 and Im going to bring those in. If that doesnt get me out of the ticket then I'll show them that I sold it and see if that works. I was just wondering if anyone had been in a similar situation but thanks for the responses those of you who took it seriously.
Dude that is stupid!! It is 30% out here is legal limit... I have 15% all around to match the rear factory tint.... Man my Civic has about 50 and it seems useless...

I think you should get off and if not, I am sorry but that is STUPID... I hate Tint tickets LAME

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Tint tickets are normally in place for a reason. In NJ, you cant have tint on your front windows because an officer pulled someone over, the driver shot the officer with a shotgun, but he didnt see it because they had tinted windows up front.

Anyway, I doubt having a picture will help you any, when that wont be able to show the judge the difference in 11%. Im not trying to be a d**k, I am looking at this from a legal perspective....I dont see you getting out of this.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I fail to see the point of getting really dark tint. It makes driving at night impossible. You have to stick your head out the window to be able to see anything behind you. If you get dark tint just because it looks cool and then you get pissed off you got caught breaking the law, you should slap yourself.

I know I complain when I get a ticket but in the end, we all break the law. We just can't come to terms with it and have to blame someone else for our mistakes because it's easier that way.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If there is someone behind me, I can see their headlights. When I am backing up, I mostly use my side mirrors. Your area may be lit a little bit better.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah pretty sure vjf is right about not getting off, unless you can find your receipt from getting the tint which proves how dark it was anyway. And I don't know about where you are but out here if you get a fix it ticket you just gotta bring it to the police station with your stuff fixed and get it signed off, never even go to court if you do it within 2 weeks. Unless I've just been getting the nice cops lol