Status
Not open for further replies.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this has become total bullshit. i think that certain mods/supermods are trying to be dr. phill and make everyone hug and s**t. you post on how things are changing, but close the thread so no one can post their opinion. i guess the future of cc only depends on a couple select people, not the normal people who use this site. people are going to b***h, people are going to moan, thats the point of having a lounge. granted this is a civic site, people should still be able to speak their minds. i think that politics and a mod with a stick in his ass has caused this site to go down. this site has become a dissapointment and i think im done. now pardon me while i peal the clubcivic.com stickers off my car.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok well im a mod that you probally havent heard from. You say that the other mods say the site is changing, Well it has.

This site was no longer civic site. It was a general lounge forum where we could look up some car facts everyonce in a while. The changes that have been made recently are making this site have a turn around. I think we are going to finally have a technical site. Dont believe me click new posts and look.

Now that the lounge is gone. i bet you will hear a lot less dr.phill stuff going on.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I suggest you stick around cause IMO once the lounge is brought back later on this civic site will be better than ever

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
.... I think we are going to finally have a technical site....
i dont think it will ever really be a technical site....when people want tech, they go to honda-tech....at most, your gonna have the same few people that can asnwer questions....and the same rand0m information that gets researched, copied, pasted over here.....

at least at honda tech, they have some sweet rides

but hey, we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out :thumbs up ;)

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
i dont think it will ever really be a technical site....when people want tech, they go to honda-tech....at most, your gonna have the same few people that can asnwer questions....and the same rand0m information that gets researched, copied, pasted over here.....

at least at honda tech, they have some sweet rides

but hey, we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out :thumbs up ;)
You are right people do go to H-T for technical.
and you are right
we will just have to wait and see how it turns out

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hopefully things turn out for the better and the lounge will open soon enough.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
ok well im a mod that you probally havent heard from. You say that the other mods say the site is changing, Well it has.

This site was no longer civic site. It was a general lounge forum where we could look up some car facts everyonce in a while. The changes that have been made recently are making this site have a turn around. I think we are going to finally have a technical site. Dont believe me click new posts and look.

Now that the lounge is gone. i bet you will hear a lot less dr.phill stuff going on.
if we don't have some sort of lounge, the forum will die. This isn't honda-tech.

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
if we don't have some sort of lounge, the forum will die. This isn't honda-tech.
haha almost my exact words when talking with a mod....

This is one of the worst decisions the mods have made. CC wont make it without a lounge. We dont have enough technically inclined members and alot of people liked it here just because of our lounge and s**t.

Why they continued to deal with the bs from the troublesome members instead of just banning instantly is beyond me. But HEY this really seems to fix the problem :lol: Now you wont get bullshit between members because the regulars and s**t will be gone.

If this continues, CC will done as we know it.

Stinky

East_Coast_Chopstix
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what? the lounge is closed? Did I miss something?
Won't closing the longe just create problems elsewhere. And corrupt the whole site? I mean, if people were posting crap in the lounge. At least it was confined to one area of the site. Now, people are still gonna b***h and moan, just in different areas of the site. Like HERE for instance...

I Dont think closing the lounge will solve anything.

Suggestion:
Do like I did on my forum: I had to open a "fight club" Since people were getting outta hand in the regular forum, I just opened a seperate area for them to vent. If they had issues with each other, or needed to complain... they just took it to Fight Club. I set it so only registered users could view/post, so it didn't look bad to guests. And just let them "have at it". And you know what? It worked... People go there to let off steam, and the rest of the forum stays saine. No more crap in the regular threads. Granted we have less than 100 members, but it still seems to work. Just an idea.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like this site but I don't like it. You have people on here giving good feed back and not everyone rags on your car no matter what you have. But at the same time it seems no one is allowed to voice their opinion. Someone posts their car and someone says they don't like it and then you get people all crying cause someone said something negative. It is like everyone is just trying to be nice and lying about things so they don't get called out or banned. If I see a car I don't like I am going to say I don't like it. The person with the car shouldn't care because it is their car and they determine what is done to it. But you post something negative and then you got people calling you names and s**t for no reason. But that goes with any site so making this into a Dr.Phil site is stupid. People are going to agree and disagree with each other. People are going to say hey you are an idiot why did you do that. I have seen that there are cool mods on this site and then it also seems like there are some that have this ego trip going on and they think they are better then everyone else cause they are a mod. If I said something to a mod like hey you are an idiot for doing that why did you do it.....they could easily push a button and ban me because they got their feelings hurt. But I guarantee if they said the samething to me, I don't really think I have the same option of pushing the ban button. This is one of the better sites I have been on. Try www.dragva.com one time and tell me about the s**t that goes on there. But if this place starts changing what it is now and start becoming a site you have to watch everything you say, then there are other forums out there with out the parental control on.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
jaredkay said:
Won't closing the longe just create problems elsewhere. And corrupt the whole site? I mean, if people were posting crap in the lounge. At least it was confined to one area of the site. Now, people are still gonna b***h and moan, just in different areas of the site. Like HERE for instance...

I Dont think closing the lounge will solve anything.

Suggestion:
Do like I did on my forum: I had to open a "fight club" Since people were getting outta hand in the regular forum, I just opened a seperate area for them to vent. If they had issues with each other, or needed to complain... they just took it to Fight Club. I set it so only registered users could view/post, so it didn't look bad to guests. And just let them "have at it". And you know what? It worked... People go there to let off steam, and the rest of the forum stays saine. No more crap in the regular threads. Granted we have less than 100 members, but it still seems to work. Just an idea.

I asked about this awhile back, asking for a place so if you had a conflict you could keep it in one place. I was told it was the "Lounge" :what: kinda contradicts the reason for shutting it down for now.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this has been beat to death.. the lounge will reopen.. and hopefully it wont need to be closed again... that is depended on the squabling and drama... maybe you are a little confused in your post.. i dont care who you like or dont like.. i dont care what opinions you agree with or disagree with.. i care when there are 9+ pages of petty BS name calling and bickering.. your right.. the site does need an off topic area.. and it will have one.. no question... for those of you who say the site will fail without a lounge.. that statement is false.. it would change dramaticly.. thus failing maybe in your eyes.. but it would certainly not shut down.. but that is not the point.. the lounge will open.. and hopefully when that happens.. and arguments start.. INSTEAD of jumping into the bullshit and making it worse..they will report the problem and ignore it.. thus allowing the problem to stop at the source.... you dont get along with someone? you want to talk s**t to them.. use aim.. use email.. that s**t will not be on CC.. and it is not abotu censorship... you can express your opinion..... you can disagree.. that is NOT a problem.. you can not rant and name call for pages on pages on pages..a brief read of the lounge would at moments make the user confused.. thnking he had accidently clicked bitchwhineandfight.org and that is what we want to get past.. so hopefully you will stay around... or maybe you wont that is entirely up to you.. the lounge being closed is a temp situation as already explained...

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
funny thing is my issue. i've never had problems with any1. i made up a story and posted it, and ppl started talking crap to me and calling me names... but who do i complain to???? NO ONE! because the f**king mods were part of it. mods always say keep the negative s**t to yourself, why not f**king go by your own rules? why handlebars always gotta be talking s**t to ppl? why oc_civic always gotta be a one sided a*****e? jay jay aint around enough for me to complain to him, so i just vented, shut the f**k up, and left.

just like probably 80% of the OG members will do....

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jaredkay said:
Won't closing the longe just create problems elsewhere. And corrupt the whole site? I mean, if people were posting crap in the lounge. At least it was confined to one area of the site. Now, people are still gonna b***h and moan, just in different areas of the site. Like HERE for instance....
if people b***h and fight in other areas they will be warned and banned..

jaredkay said:
Suggestion:
nope.. we are not creating a forum just so members can b***h and fight at one another.. they can do that through aim, emaiol, telephone, inperson, etc.. but not here.. the babysitting has just gotten old..

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
this has been beat to death.. the lounge will reopen.. and hopefully it wont need to be closed again... that is depended on the squabling and drama... maybe you are a little confused in your post.. i dont care who you like or dont like.. i dont care what opinions you agree with or disagree with.. i care when there are 9+ pages of petty BS name calling and bickering.. your right.. the site does need an off topic area.. and it will have one.. no question... for those of you who say the site will fail without a lounge.. that statement is false.. it would change dramaticly.. thus failing maybe in your eyes.. but it would certainly not shut down.. but that is not the point.. the lounge will open.. and hopefully when that happens.. and arguments start.. INSTEAD of jumping into the bullshit and making it worse..they will report the problem and ignore it.. thus allowing the problem to stop at the source.... you dont get along with someone? you want to talk s**t to them.. use aim.. use email.. that s**t will not be on CC.. and it is not abotu censorship... you can express your opinion..... you can disagree.. that is NOT a problem.. you can not rant and name call for pages on pages on pages..a brief read of the lounge would at moments make the user confused.. thnking he had accidently clicked bitchwhineandfight.org and that is what we want to get past.. so hopefully you will stay around... or maybe you wont that is entirely up to you.. the lounge being closed is a temp situation as already explained...
you're right the mods in which made the decision will probably stay around keeping CC alive...

I guess I dont see how this fixes anything....the lounge is down, there isnt s**t to bicker about. So what are the mods waiting on to decide to reopen? It almost seems like the mods are just tired of fulfilling their mod duties and maintaining the site.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boricuacvc said:
funny thing is my issue. i've never had problems with any1. i made up a story and posted it, and ppl started talking crap to me and calling me names... but who do i complain to???? NO ONE! because the f**king mods were part of it. mods always say keep the negative s**t to yourself, why not f**king go by your own rules? why handlebars always gotta be talking s**t to ppl? why oc_civic always gotta be a one sided a*****e? jay jay aint around enough for me to complain to him, so i just vented, shut the f**k up, and left.

just like probably 80% of the OG members will do....
if you told anyoen with a brain the story you "made up" they would have reacted the same way.. i never called you a name.. i stated AS PER YOUR story that you raped your wife.. which AS PER YOUR STORY (which you later stated was false) you did.. let me remind you of the story you told about your WIFE..

boricuacvc said:
so i went and put it right in her face... and BAM! went for the kill, but she started cryin n complaining that she's sick and she can't do it. i was like WTF??? i aint tryin to kill u here... just a lil lick n s**t... so she kept saying no. i grabbed her by the head/hair and just did it. got like a whole 3 seconds of it. i was mad. so i pushed her over, turned her around,
so anyway.. yeah.. i think anyone with any respect for women would be offended by that story..but whatever.... AFTER you stated that you had just made the whole thing up i totally accepted that and just tried to explain to you that telling a story as such would cause anyone.... and so on..

knock the name calling off.. really..

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
.. the babysitting has just gotten old..
umm...so stop babysitting...stop giving warning after warning. Ban the ones causing problems and let that be that. Almost like y'all are making it more confusing and harder than it has to be. OC you know I'm not trying to argue and cause problems, I have always tried to remain calm and stable but this is just a lil out of hand. Apparently all the mods have a good idea of who's causing problems....ban them, remove their access to the lounge somehow. But to take it from everyone is a b***h move.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
T!mmy said:
you're right the mods in which made the decision will probably stay around keeping CC alive...

I guess I dont see how this fixes anything....the lounge is down, there isnt s**t to bicker about. So what are the mods waiting on to decide to reopen? It almost seems like the mods are just tired of fulfilling their mod duties and maintaining the site.
again.. the lounge is part of the site.. a part that can be removed if not working out (as it was) or a part of the site that can remain open if it does work out.. maybe everyone just needed a drama break.. and that brings us to today.. the lounge will reopen.. and hopefully people will treat it as it was meant to be viewed (a place to sit back relax) and talk about off topic s**t.. not a drama festering free for all and tired of being a mod.. thats funny.. im far from tired.. but untill youve had to deal with it.. you have no idea how difficult it can be at times.. with several different people arguing over stupid uniportant s**t..

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I honestly cant remember the last time I posted something in the lounge once it stoped appering on the home page I pretty much forgot it exsisted, if you want to chat bs with your friends use aim s**t this is Club civic not myspace. I think we will loose some members but not any of the ones I know.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Funny how its not just the 'trouble makers' that COMPLETELY disagree with this decision. Nice............................Maybe you need to see the site for what it is (NOT a mecca for civic info), but as I said over a year ago, what makes this site is the people and the lounge and the freedom we have. You take that away, you are left with a website that is a mere shell of what it wants to be. Just b/c there are several of us that have some issues, which havent reared its head in a while, I saw several appropriate coversations between those people. A little bitching about the mods gets the whole louinge shutdown. STELLAR decision making.

Check your statistics, I will bet $ that the hits/posts dropped SIGNIFICANTLY. Thats not good to show the sponsers now is it?

I didnt see it as 'not working out'. I see it as your bread and butter here. You let it go when members were talknig s**t to eaqch other, but when the moderating teams gets slandered (is it slander if its the truth?) it goes down.... Again, too little, too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.