Flooded Honda Civic need help

tex-civic

hey there

so recently my civic was flooded do to rainwater my interior was all messed up and i had a tank full of water....i cranked it before i realized that i had a tank full of water i already changed the oil and flush the engine and of course i took out the tank to clean it .....so i now need to know wat to do next im new at this the advice would be very appreciated

Trekk

Registered VIP
I would change the fuel filter and prolly run a little gas through the line while it's disconnected just to flush out whatever might be left in it. You might find yourself running into all types of electrical problems.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Pour some HEAT into the tank. Maybe even two bottles. I do it pretty often when I buy used cars just to be sure. Removes water by way of magic and pixie dust (ie, not sure how it even works).

Or you can pop off the return line and let the fuel pump pump out everything in the lines. That's probably the best way actually. And easy.

tex-civic

yea my windows dont work,myblinkers is messed up .... i can pretty much replace every thing ima try and flush the system