Floor help!!!

GuttaGutta JDM

ok soooo i need some good good advice lol i bought my civic 2 days ago, most likely you have seen my other post, i bought this civic for 550$

BUT....

the passenger floor is rusted alot.. under the doorframe is roted from front wheel all the way too the start of the back seats... what should i do. and selling is not an opion.. thats only thing wrong with it.

radracer

5+ Year Member
damn never seen floor boards like that ona civic in my life ..... you gonna have have to cut the ish out and have custom made floor pans made up and welded in unless you can find the flat stock steel and mold it urself

GuttaGutta JDM

Yeah i know man its pretty bad... i cant belive it still has sticker i dono how someone got it too pass.. Also cant beallve that thats the ONLY rust on the car everywheres else(wheel wells and sech) arnt even surface rusting or bubbleing..My uncle has a welder and he knows alot about cars, also i know acouple welders but havent talked too em yet. And cool thanks for the link bro i think i might purchase this if it sends too canada.

radracer

5+ Year Member
must have known the guy who inspected it , i get mine to pass i just pay the guy a lil extra to pass it , i dont see why they wouldnt ship to canada it just might be a lil more to ship it

GuttaGutta JDM

yeah my buddy can get stickers, but i NEED too fix that.. lol and yeah i dont mind extra cost and thanks again for the link i tried looking myself but didnt find a thing lol. I was gonna get some auto body metal and what ever else and egt a welder too make it custom fit for the flooring and door frame. The person that owned car before me didnt know anything,, they mest the car all up

radracer

5+ Year Member
always glad to help anyway i can , yeah it looks like they really didnt care bout the body at all , dunno how they even drove around like that ? was the car laid up for a while before you bought it ?

GuttaGutta JDM

btw it was some girl that owned it. she wasnt hot lol and she talked like a guy lol and she was young like 18... her and her boy friends didnt know crap all about it either

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Lol. The add says the floor isn't the best. Most awesome understatement ever.

speedjunkie_g35

Are their any junkyards up there where you could cut the floor board out of a coupe or hatch. I am almost certain that that portion will be the same in both coupe and hatches. Awesome find though for 550!

GuttaGutta JDM

ah there are acouple but.. i need rockers both inner and outer then i gotta fix that floor, so what im thinking is going too a steel place or whatever and get them too make them i heard you can do that, Just might be the cheast/ most easy way. I ask someone if how much it would be for rockers and that hole too be fixed and they said proably 200. They would charge 40 an hour, too me that sounds pretty goos since i have all the seats unbolted and carpet is all unattached. So that saves some money for me lol.... And thanks alot of fools here told me i got ripped off but i think the engine thats in her and the stage too clutch and tranny is well worth 550$ lol

Gunner

Registered VIP
I would say the car was in water at some point in time. For the smaller parts you could just patch weld in new metal but since its as bad as you say then like mentioned your going to have to cut it out and weld in new flooring...junkyard is a good start if they let you cut out the floor. good project car for the money tho the shell looks good for the most part..engines are easy to fix up.. good luck to you.

GuttaGutta JDM

Just too update ya'll on whats happenin, im putting 500$ into a 04 civic si coupe for my gf and it comes with XXR 501's i think and im getting them, they are black. And for the floor and rockers i am replacing soon, called a sheet mental place that makes them for your car for 75$ a piece so thats what im doing. Then theres a guy who has a truck with a porable welder and stuff and can do it for me. then he under coats the car after hes done =) and he charges cheap!

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good thing your getting that fixed. I dont understand why people would let any car get like that.

GuttaGutta JDM

yeah i dont understand, i guess the girl that had it didnt notice it when s**t bought it... =/ really how didnt you notice this?? lol