Floor Mats

Ahdo

5+ Year Member
Hey guys, I was wondering what you guys recommend for 2000 civic si floor mats.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$67? probably worth the investment. they are much thicker and made to fit. I got a cheap set for 20 and.. it always gets dirty fast and moves around. up to you

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bleh, when I bought my ej8 it came with generic floor mats and they kept sliding around all the time. Ended up just taking them out and I haven't bought OEM ones yet.

matt2122

5+ Year Member
speaking of floor mats, anyone have pics of oem black mats with the gray interior? im using the walmart cheapos for now and they suck. im just not sure how black mats on gray would look

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
I would cough up the money for the OEM originals as they are usually the best ones to get. I just ordered new Si Floor mats for the front and back. Taking me a bit here for me to get my civic back to nice lookin without making it look like rice.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just noticed on the site I posted, they said that Honda is no longer making the grey stock mats for the sedans. I wonder why they discontinued? Says that they are substituting black instead. If that is the case, they are more than likely going to discontinue the grey for the others as well. Might have to order up an extra set just in case.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just noticed on the site I posted, they said that Honda is no longer making the grey stock mats for the sedans. I wonder why they discontinued? Says that they are substituting black instead. If that is the case, they are more than likely going to discontinue the grey for the others as well. Might have to order up an extra set just in case.
Yeah, I think the black would probably look good in the gray interior, though. Might help make it look newer. Unless it sticks out too much...

EK1.6LCIV

bustin' out the OEM goodz
5+ Year Member
bought 99' ITR black mats for mine 6 months ago, very happ, same fitment for front and rear =) under $200aud new from the dealer =)

as they have stoppped making civic mats for some stupid reason lol

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
speaking of floor mats, anyone have pics of oem black mats with the gray interior? im using the walmart cheapos for now and they suck. im just not sure how black mats on gray would look
click my garage for a look

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think they stopped making them because there was a recall.. the carpet didnt allow the gas pedal to travel all the way.. so i think they made new ones... i think i read that somewhere.

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think they stopped making them because there was a recall.. the carpet didnt allow the gas pedal to travel all the way.. so i think they made new ones... i think i read that somewhere.
That's really interesting, if you run across that documentation again post it up.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are these genuine mats? If not i'll just go with some no brand full black ones lol. Thanks for the help guys!
Not for certain. I am pretty sure they came in OEM Honda packaging. It has been quite some time since I got mine though, so like I said, I am not 100%. They do have the correct embroidering on them though.

The website does state that they are genuine though. They are an authorized parts dealer for Honda.

andychau

5+ Year Member
Not for certain. I am pretty sure they came in OEM Honda packaging. It has been quite some time since I got mine though, so like I said, I am not 100%. They do have the correct embroidering on them though.

The website does state that they are genuine though. They are an authorized parts dealer for Honda.
Is that so?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is that so?

That is what it says, yes. Is reading not your strong point?

If you are worried, I suggest calling them up and finding out. That or buy somewhere else. They are honda mats, get them from your local honda dealer.