Flucuating Idle

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just recent my car has been idling weird get's like a hick up and jumps up to 1100 then back down to stock idle. Thise occurs when I come to a stop at a light or just a normal stop. IIt dles then hick up to 1100rpm then back down. May jump up again but settles again at stock idle. WTF any ideas guys?

5+ Year Member
maybe iac valve?

simmons

5+ Year Member
i had this for ages.. soo annoying and embarrasing.

i had a diagnostics done by honda, who determined it was the iacv (idle air control valve). i got it fully cleaned out, and the problem's gone. luckily i didn't have to replace it completely.

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had this for ages.. soo annoying and embarrasing.

i had a diagnostics done by honda, who determined it was the iacv (idle air control valve). i got it fully cleaned out, and the problem's gone. luckily i didn't have to replace it completely.
Thanks I have located it here on this little diagram I will remove it and clean it out and reset ECU.

simmons

5+ Year Member
yeah, that's the right part.

i'd only remove and clean it yourself if you definitely know what you're doing - i had mine done by a garage.

also, it might be worth getting it checked out to make sure that it definitely is the iac valve causing problems, or you'd be completely wasting your time! i guess we'll soon find out..

simmons

5+ Year Member
for my engine (D14A4) it is 16022-P2A-J01

dunno if that's the same across the board, or if it's specific to my engine.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My car is doing the same thing, I replaced the IACV and it didn't do a thing. For the most part, weird idles are caused by:

Bad IACV
Vacuum leak
Bad MAP or TPS sensor
FITV valve

I don't think my sensors are bad, couldn't find a leak, and it's not the IACV. I'm going to try my FITV valve. Heres some HT threads on it:

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1003988

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1564019

If you fix yours let me know what you did because it's getting really annoying lol

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
make sure to do the ecu reset and idle learn after reinstalling the TB and sensors or the car will idle like crap.