Fml

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Long story short, i moved to Florida a week ago, sitting at a red light in the left hand turn lane, i get rear ended..i was on my way to pick up my new MU Front lip. The people in the other car immediately reversed and ran, i called 911 and gave them a full description of the car, the direction they went, and the first 5 digits of the plates..the cops did nothing.. FML!!!

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
that really really sucks.. sorry to hear

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, basically there goes my dreams of slamming my car, at least for a while..had to replace the whole bumper and new clips..

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
liability insurance?
shitty man, hope it works out for ya..

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i pay an extra $75 a half for coverage against that kind of s**t.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn dude, cops that dont want to do their job for the lose. hope things get better for ya

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow that blows. glad your ok though

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sorry to hear man but hey thats just the type of stuff that happens all the time here, happened to a friend of mine a few months ago

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, i was kinda shocked..cause in oregon the cops would be all over it :/ oh well..learning experience i guess.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, basically there goes my dreams of slamming my car
looks like the dicks beat ya too it.

I would be all over the cops ass until they got s**t done. They are a public service and better do their job.

spoon egg

Teeth Doctor
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn that sucks bro, that's why i carry my strap with me everywhere so if someone tries to run i'll unload on them and say they shot at me first. gotta love the coneal and carry permit. Probably sounds dumb, but my car is like my duaghter and i'll kill anyone who threatens her.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks like the dicks beat ya too it.

I would be all over the cops ass until they got s**t done. They are a public service and better do their job.

How would they do that? He gave them half a plate number and a description of the car. That is like finding a needle in a haystack.

OP: Sorry to hear about your situation. I had some lady back into my brand new 08 pick up in the parking lot while I was in the store. A couple that saw it came in, found me, gave me the plate number and a description of the car. Cops couldn't even track them down with that info. The plate was stolen and put on that car.

I find it funny how quick people are to bash cops when they don't have a clue what it is like to try and search for stuff like this. My old roommate is a cop and has told me stories of hours of searching for stolen cars and hit and runs. Most of them are not found.

CivicSiGuy07

5+ Year Member
damn dude i hate to hear that, glad your alright though and at least it wasnt totaled! Good luck with it man!

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How would they do that? He gave them half a plate number and a description of the car. That is like finding a needle in a haystack.

OP: Sorry to hear about your situation. I had some lady back into my brand new 08 pick up in the parking lot while I was in the store. A couple that saw it came in, found me, gave me the plate number and a description of the car. Cops couldn't even track them down with that info. The plate was stolen and put on that car.

I find it funny how quick people are to bash cops when they don't have a clue what it is like to try and search for stuff like this. My old roommate is a cop and has told me stories of hours of searching for stolen cars and hit and runs. Most of them are not found.
If he gave a description of the car and partial plates that will narrow it down ALOT!!!! I mean license plates are random and have nothing to do with the actually vehicle, so its not like 20 million Civics start with the same digits of the car.

Now after they get a list of cars, which most likely wont be that big, they can go check out the place of residence to find the car and LOOK FOR DAMAGE.

Im not bashing cops, I'm bashing the lack of help the cops may give. If OP didnt exaggerate and the cops did nothing then I'm correct. I would still be up their ass making them do something.