FNG with a suspension Q

Jaybo

5+ Year Member
hello all!
i'm new to the forum, but not really new to Honda's. my current is a 97 EX coupe with a few things done here and there. bought it with some Tokico blues, no-name exhaust and short throw, and ugly rims. i've since thrown on some 15" Konig Countersteer's, Tein S-tech springs, ST sways front and back, HOP SIR front lip, CTR replica headlights, PWordJDM intake, ASR rear subframe brace, and Blox rear LCA's.

question i have is this- i just had a front-end alignment done, and now the front passenger side wheel sticks out further than it did previously, and is rubbing on the fender. it sits out noticibly further than the driver side. is this a subframe alignment issue, ball joint or control arm bushing problem? anybody else have any similar experience?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
possibly could be the camber setting. is it just thr top half of the wheel that sticks out? or the whole wheel?

Jaybo

5+ Year Member
well, the right front camber WAS out of alignment, and was chewing up the inside edge of the tire. they realigned it back to within tolerance. i have the printout.
i think it's the whole wheel, but i'd have to check again.

btw, were you the one i saw while i was lurking that painted your interior black?

Jaybo

5+ Year Member
after looking at the sheet, left front is -0.4 degrees. right front is +0.4 degrees. is 1 degree enough to see a difference?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe not visually, but while driving, yes...
maybe the tech didnt know how to adjust camber with an aftermarket kit...

Jaybo

5+ Year Member
possibly could be the camber setting. is it just thr top half of the wheel that sticks out? or the whole wheel?
after looking further... you asked a good question. bottoms are about the same. passenger top sticks out further, so i think i'm gonna go back and have them re-do it. hopefully they won't charge me. it IS within specs (0 degrees +/- 1 degree), so by the book it's okay. but by the car, it's not. can't deal with rubbing.