fog light for 96 civic

flyersuko

5+ Year Member
pretty much what the tittle say i was curios is it posible to install this ones >SpyerLight<
first ones spyder brand on the webpage.
can i mount them outside center hole of the bumper or will they be aiming way to far off to the side because of the bumper.
would it be easier to put them in the center hole of the bumper?
or would it be easier just to buy a set like this for the inside hole
>EbayLight1< or >EbayLight<
Thanks is advance!

civic96hb

USAF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the first ones arent gonna fit right since they are for 99-00 civics.
just get the right ones

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get the 96-98 ones. u can get round OR square ones. and those can be clear OR white. so u definitely have options. i'd say do it right and don't half-ass it.

flyersuko

5+ Year Member
thanks guys in that case then i will go with the ebay white ones since i think they would look better with the car
;)

EJFERIO

5+ Year Member
Also they do help. I have the depos and they light the road up prety well. installation is pretty easy too.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes. +1 for my depos too. the lighting helps your eyes so its not so damn dark.

EJFERIO

5+ Year Member
What is the bulb for the DEPO square fogs? One of mine went out. It may be electrical but I think its the bulb. Thanks guys

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
All OEM and OEM style foglights for '96-'00 Civics use H3 bulbs.

DEPO foglights on '96-'98 Civics often have wiring and grounding issues. If one went out, try kicking it. Seriously. This is what worked for my old set. I'm not the only one who had this problem, but I seemed to have the worst leak I've ever heard of (close to an inch of water would fill into the bottom of the light and blow the bulb).

Bruckhoff_34

Built not baught
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DEPO foglights on '96-'98 Civics often have wiring and grounding issues. If one went out, try kicking it. Seriously. This is what worked for my old set. I'm not the only one who had this problem, but I seemed to have the worst leak I've ever heard of (close to an inch of water would fill into the bottom of the light and blow the bulb).
X2 My 99-00 have the same problem bad ground because of water. Fixed the ground worked great. Then two days later the bulb blew.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mine always had a bad ground. From the first week I put them on. I just figure I didn't notice it before that. Took them off, messed around. Tried to get them to work. Nothing worked. I coated the edge of the lens with clear RTV. Still leaked. Put more on. Still leaked. Finally tossed them.

Bruckhoff_34

Built not baught
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I coated the edge of the lens with clear RTV. Still leaked. Put more on. Still leaked. Finally tossed them.
Hope I dont have to do this. But if thats what it comes down to I guess I will. Or I will just beg the old lady in town to trade me her nice oem ones for mine. :lol:

EJFERIO

5+ Year Member
Thanks guys. I figured it was something with the ground or wiring. ill try that nd get back to you. Thanks again. lol it feels so ricey with only one light working so im leavin them off till there fixed. PACE