Fog light help!!

Jmcm1227

5+ Year Member
Ok, so i've had my foglights for about 3 months now and since its been installed its worked great. Just recently my foglights would start turning off by itself. the switch on the dash is lit up so the fogs are supposed to be on but they're not. I would have to keep turning the switch on and off until it turns on. Now this trick works but the fogs would turn off at a random time. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.. Also, i've checked the fuse and the relay, they visually look ok but i could use an extra set of eyes and brain..

The fogs are tapped to my main headlights so any suggestion for it to turn on by itself would be great since the fogs only turn on when i turn my headlights on...

Fogs are ESUSE type for 1997 Civic sedan...

THANK YOU!!

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why not wire them the way they are suppose to be wired?

AMF

Ok, so i've had my foglights for about 3 months now and since its been installed its worked great. Just recently my foglights would start turning off by itself. the switch on the dash is lit up so the fogs are supposed to be on but they're not. I would have to keep turning the switch on and off until it turns on. Now this trick works but the fogs would turn off at a random time. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.. Also, i've checked the fuse and the relay, they visually look ok but i could use an extra set of eyes and brain..

The fogs are tapped to my main headlights so any suggestion for it to turn on by itself would be great since the fogs only turn on when i turn my headlights on...

Fogs are ESUSE type for 1997 Civic sedan...

THANK YOU!!
i re-built my own kit due to the "CHEAP E-GAY" wires they gave me that burned up into flames when i was driving :evil:... after many trials and errors, ive mastered this fog light bull s**t.... From what it soulnds like, its yor RELAY bcuz yor switch sounds like it works.... there could be a number of things wrong with your relay for instance, corrosion, loose connection to the relay, or wiring... fyi, check the switch's wires too just to be sure there not damaged from rubbing etc... disconnect the relay and hard wire the lights by connecting a small scrap piece of wire to the two power connections on the female end of the connector which the relay pugs into, and if they work then that'll let you know that yor relay is bad.... for future references, put bulb/connector grease in all of the electrical connections to help prevent corrosion and bad connections.... Is the fuse tripping at all???? if anything, double check your ground connections too to make sure that you got good contact... as far as controlling the fogs remotely from the headlights, you can always hard wire it apart from the the headlight lead...

Jmcm1227

5+ Year Member
i re-built my own kit due to the "CHEAP E-GAY" wires they gave me that burned up into flames when i was driving :evil:... after many trials and errors, ive mastered this fog light bull s***.... From what it soulnds like, its yor RELAY bcuz yor switch sounds like it works.... there could be a number of things wrong with your relay for instance, corrosion, loose connection to the relay, or wiring... fyi, check the switch's wires too just to be sure there not damaged from rubbing etc... disconnect the relay and hard wire the lights by connecting a small scrap piece of wire to the two power connections on the female end of the connector which the relay pugs into, and if they work then that'll let you know that yor relay is bad.... for future references, put bulb/connector grease in all of the electrical connections to help prevent corrosion and bad connections.... Is the fuse tripping at all???? if anything, double check your ground connections too to make sure that you got good contact... as far as controlling the fogs remotely from the headlights, you can always hard wire it apart from the the headlight lead...
thanks for the great input.. iv been trying to figure out where the actual harness is where its supposed to plug in so i can run the fogs independently.. iv been wanting to do that since forever!! lol..

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
i re-built my own kit due to the "CHEAP E-GAY" wires they gave me that burned up into flames when i was driving :evil:... after many trials and errors, ive mastered this fog light bull s***.... From what it soulnds like, its yor RELAY bcuz yor switch sounds like it works.... there could be a number of things wrong with your relay for instance, corrosion, loose connection to the relay, or wiring... fyi, check the switch's wires too just to be sure there not damaged from rubbing etc... disconnect the relay and hard wire the lights by connecting a small scrap piece of wire to the two power connections on the female end of the connector which the relay pugs into, and if they work then that'll let you know that yor relay is bad.... for future references, put bulb/connector grease in all of the electrical connections to help prevent corrosion and bad connections.... Is the fuse tripping at all???? if anything, double check your ground connections too to make sure that you got good contact... as far as controlling the fogs remotely from the headlights, you can always hard wire it apart from the the headlight lead...
I also bought some ebay fogs and the wire burnt up but from a faulty harness from the manufacturer causing a internal short through the fog.

radracer

5+ Year Member
check and recheck your grounds in the harness and connections to your battery , put some dielectric grease in all the plug connections and make sure ur grounding points are clean

AMF

I also bought some ebay fogs and the wire burnt up but from a faulty harness from the manufacturer causing a internal short through the fog.
send the manufacturer an email stating wut happened to your set of fogs and also do the same to the company that u bought it from. u can do that by contacting them through e-bay or the seller them self. i did that and they sent me a brand new wire harness and relay, even though mine is 10 times better than theirs ... i put fuses b4 each fog light and switched all of the wires to 12 gauge wires just in case if it trips, the fuses will trip first rather than burnin up the wires or the bulbs them selves.... but now i guess i can sell the extra wire set-up for a lil $$$ or maybe try to reamberse my self for the cost of all of the new set-up i made :D

95EJ2

it could be that when you grounded it out that the groind isnt clean enough or wire isnt fully conected