For all you "honda heads" i need some ideas... pls

HONDUH22

Im looking at a winter project for this year and money is a tad bit tight but not to bad. I already have a mini me swap that is in decent shape. Brand new clutch as well. My main focus is paint so far but im planning on starting a build for a new motor and i need some ideas. I have debated on a b18 for a while now (seeing bare blocks and heads on craigslist) but still feel that a D16a6 (which i also found) would be sefice as well. I want to completely strip it bare and start from scratch and working toward a turbo (maybe t2/t3 or possibly t4). Any suggestions or past experiences with pricings and such? TY

techavluis

Registered VIP
Im looking at a winter project for this year and money is a tad bit tight but not to bad. I already have a mini me swap that is in decent shape. Brand new clutch as well. My main focus is paint so far but im planning on starting a build for a new motor and i need some ideas. I have debated on a b18 for a while now (seeing bare blocks and heads on craigslist) but still feel that a D16a6 (which i also found) would be sefice as well. I want to completely strip it bare and start from scratch and working toward a turbo (maybe t2/t3 or possibly t4). Any suggestions or past experiences with pricings and such? TY
am doing it all my self

CP Pistons, Eagle Rods and ACL Bearings $975.00
Head Gasket $95.00
ARP Head Studs $115.00
Super Tech Springs and retainers $300.00
AEM Fuel Rail $115.00
AEM Regulator $125.00
Skunk 2 Manifold $275.00

and there is alot more. oil pump, turbo, wastegate, bfv, hell alot. and maybe endless.

am about 16-17,000k into my civic. (want i got the car i was thinking about 4-5k ya right....)

lovemy96civic

5+ Year Member
Sorry to be a noob, but can someone give me instructions or explain a mini swap, please? I would appreciate it.

HONDUH22

Sorry to be a noob, but can someone give me instructions or explain a mini swap, please? I would appreciate it.
dude... i just googled it and found like two different pages that give a complete description.. jesus.. its common sense really.. non vtec block with a vtec head in laymans terms:word:

L.D.Forget

am doing it all my self

CP Pistons, Eagle Rods and ACL Bearings $975.00
Head Gasket $95.00
ARP Head Studs $115.00
Super Tech Springs and retainers $300.00
AEM Fuel Rail $115.00
AEM Regulator $125.00
Skunk 2 Manifold $275.00

and there is alot more. oil pump, turbo, wastegate, bfv, hell alot. and maybe endless.

am about 16-17,000k into my civic. (want i got the car i was thinking about 4-5k ya right....)
aftermarket fuel rails are useless except for bling bling or >700 hp.