For canadian owner: hot to shut the daylight ?

seaman

5+ Year Member
On the Canadian cars, we have what we call daylight on every new car: it means that as soon as you turn your key to start the car, there is some lights that comes on, and there is no switch to turn them off.

On the 2006+ Civic, Honda used the high beam with lower voltage as daylight.

Somebody know how to shut them off, without shutting off the high beams as well ? I mean I want to be able to still use my high beam as I wish, without having the daylight on all the time.

Is there a fuse that I can remove, only for the daylight ??

I installed a set of HID on my low and high beams. It works perfects on both, both since the voltage is lower on the daylights, they won'T comes on at all. I'm affraid to f**k up my ballast if I continu to send low voltage to try to light up the daylights, so I wish to discontinued the daylight completely, without loosing my High beams at night.

Anybody has an idea ?

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes there is a fuse, im not sure which box its in, but check under hood first its easier to get to. it should say it on the lid what its for

look for DRL or something to that affect, here in the states we call them Daytime Running Lights

seaman

5+ Year Member
Ok guys, thanks a lot I've found the answer on a different forum. Fuse no 37 under the steering.... !

Could not be easier !

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I thought it was against the law not to have DRL's on a car in canada, newer cars atleast.

So if i get a 8th gen Si i might get one soon who knows, can i myself just pull the fuse not to have them on? I really dont like those lights at all, will this disable my high beams?

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes king zeus, the daytime running lights have their own separate fuse, you can just pull it out and disable it and still have your brights, many people do this.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Thanks man. I thought you had to go through a whole seperate crap with wiring to turn them off haha.