For the Dseries haters out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never had any major problems with my car that weren't related to the turbo.
The only problem that i can think of that isn't related to the turbo was the tranny leaking fluid. One of the seals was going bad and it had a small leak. It was fixed under warrenty and i had the car back the following day.

My car isn't running quite often because of the turbo, most of the problems deal with me getting the wrong parts/chip, or the header cracking and stupid s**t like that.

I'm on this board because i like all performance cars and civics interested me. So many people are working on civics nowadays and none of my friends drive or work on civics so i had no idea what kind of potential or aftermarket they had. This site gave me the ability to find out. Also, the people here are great. Also, if i get to enlighten a few people about the domestic side of the car scene then so be it. :mrgreen:

I guess i'm just a little weird, mustang/altima owner on a civic board.

thedon365

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im from the UK an my uncle had a camaro,(like 6 yrs ago) it woz cool at the time b'cuz it woz az wide az our roads and it must av been the only camaro in a 100 mile radius, but since i got my civic i will never look at a ford again.

Wot about this question, sound of vtec wen it kicks or pure american muscle???

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
personally l like the sound of vtec ... but i dont get to hear it much

slammedciv96

N2O Junkie
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does anyone have a clue as to what he just said

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by slammedciv96
does anyone have a clue as to what he just said
:lol:
I'm guessing he's asking what sounds better, VTEC or an american V8

To me, a v8. Nothing will ever sound as good. I guess a ferrari v12, but they are 2 completely different sounds and both sound f**king amazing.
I can't stand the sound of a 4-cyl with loud exhaust. It's just too high pitched and annoying. I guess part of that is that 99.9% of the imports that i see/hear are ricers running around with open headers thinking they are bad ass when they run 17's.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by slammedciv96
hey zinc... you wanna race my R/C in the 1/4 mile?
haha you got one of them quick ass ones like what was in oceans eleven?

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Melt
haha you got one of them quick ass ones like what was in oceans eleven?
I was thinking that too, just watched that movie last night :headbang:

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
movie owned ... i only seen it when it was in the theatre ... havent watched it again since.

I originally thought that was out of f&f till i watched it again the other night and saw it wasnt.

slammedciv96

N2O Junkie
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so far i have only been able to get it up to 92mph... but it gets there fast...

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oo ... you know what would be hella funna is go somewhere where a cop is radaring traffic and speed that s**t past him ... lolol.

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A fiero? Bwah aha ha ha ha ha ha. Man should have bought the MR2

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Re: Re: For the Dseries haters out there

Originally posted by biggestboy
I've been shopping around on further internal mods for my D16a6 and came apon this MONSTER N\A SOHC.
181 whp and 116 ft/lbs of torque in their ALL motor SOHC 1.6L.
Pretty nice for a " weak old SOHC", I'm sick of people hatin on D series motors.

Setup:
SRP pistons
13.5:1 Compression
Factory Honda rods and bearings
Balanced and blueprinted bottom end
Custom cam and intake manifold
Speed Machine head work
AN-R Header
Standalone system
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=641361(for pic)

Originally posted by TurboZinc
:shock:
And i'm sure it's streetable :roll:

That buildup was probably pretty damn expensive, and since when is 180hp a monster?

180 for a single runnin NA setup is pretty good

but that C/R is totally NOT streetable. . . . he's going ot have to hit up the race gas stations all the time, and thats not exactly cheap... while impressive this build up is. . .. expensive as f**k and no where near a CHEAP/QUICK daily driver . . .

but nice none-the-less... impressive... does he have any ¼mile times?

jesse, you could run over the R/C car like in Oceans 11 :lol:

melt. . . . AAWWW, the sound of VTEC. . .

:oops: *use to run around with open cat.converter* but hey, i run mid 15's and not 17's lol... still hellla slow though

btw- that AN-R header = no A/C. . . SUCKS ASS!!! im keeping my A/C no less, its a dope ass header

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i wouldnt know that much about the sound of vtec because my car doesnt have it and sublimewlses car is bone stock so you cant hear it kick in.

once my friend gets his b20/vtec integra runnin though .... (which will prob never happen ... been sitting in his garage for almost a year)

sublimewls

What's Up Denny Neagle?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by TurboZinc
:lol:
I'm guessing he's asking what sounds better, VTEC or an american V8

To me, a v8. Nothing will ever sound as good. I guess a ferrari v12, but they are 2 completely different sounds and both sound f**king amazing.
I can't stand the sound of a 4-cyl with loud exhaust. It's just too high pitched and annoying. I guess part of that is that 99.9% of the imports that i see/hear are ricers running around with open headers thinking they are bad ass when they run 17's.
Werd, i have respect for the new stangs... i said it on another thread. I hate the people (domestic and import) that don't give props to each other. I am not that big of a ford fan (or of domestic cars in general), but the one thing they are starting to do right again is the mustang. I give ya props for boostin your car. And agree with the ricer with exausht thinking their fast. I had a Mercury Sable Station wagon (1999) and it was DOHC 3.0 V6, with dual exaust. (it had like 200 HP and 150 FT lbs torque) I would smoke any weak little D-Series with that thing. I loved seein their faces. But a las i am the one makin the face :-/...

biggestboy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by sublimewls
Werd, i have respect for the new stangs... i said it on another thread. I hate the people (domestic and import) that don't give props to each other. I am not that big of a ford fan (or of domestic cars in general), but the one thing they are starting to do right again is the mustang. I give ya props for boostin your car. And agree with the ricer with exausht thinking their fast. I had a Mercury Sable Station wagon (1999) and it was DOHC 3.0 V6, with dual exaust. (it had like 200 HP and 150 FT lbs torque) I would smoke any weak little D-Series with that thing. I loved seein their faces. But a las i am the one makin the face :-/...
Whats that wagon weigh about a ton. you surely must be joking, my D would kill ur groc. getter. You must be racing the ricers that the mustang guy was talking about.:lol:

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by biggestboy
Whats that wagon weigh about a ton. you surely must be joking, my D would kill ur groc. getter. You must be racing the ricers that the mustang guy was talking about.:lol:
Um, you do realize that your civic weighs more than a ton right? 2000lbs is awfully light for any car.

200hp is a bit more than the average d series motor, and is more than that "monster" civic you were talking about earlier. Get off your little pedestal, your civic isn't the fastest car out there.

needboost

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
biggestboy: last time i checked, a 92 sedan was a grocery getter. i haven't seen a list of any of your mods or anything to back it up. got pictures or anything? i'm just saying there is no need to talk that much s**t unless you can back it up.

btw, for all you fiero bashers, i also own a 1984 fiero. slow as molasses but nice in the turns. still rockin the 13 inch wheels!

Status
Not open for further replies.