forcdincivics d16 coupe build/project

forcdincivic

Needs More Snail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This is what I started with...its come a long way so far...im a little slow in posting this here so forgive me but I will be updating very soon as my wheels are en route now =)

Well...its a long process but its coming along a little better now. I bought it on February 16th after my last one turned out to be a disaster...my plans are boost and it will happen...not sure if I want to wait until winter or by this summer, but we will see.

So this is how it looked when I got it from the lot...

It needed a little work but nothing major...so I thought...when I bought it the exhaust was all bent and cracked up, so the guy took some $ off and I ended up just going to Lou's for a cheap fix for now....but I was surprised at how good it actually sounds.

Then I had problems with the heat and coolant...so I replaced the thermostat, radiator cap, and fan relay switch but to no avail was it fixed...so I knew it had to be this...

So while replacing the headgasket I went ahead and tried to clean up the valves and stuff as well as I could before putting it back together...

Then I got some Eibach springs and Tokico Struts from Dan on the site...

Before

After

Then while lowering it...couple bolts broke and having to buy the bushings and finding time to press the old ones out and new ones in would have been more $ and hassle so I just bought some blackworks racing LCA's, which are actually pretty beefy and nicely done.

on the car...(I know I should have sprayed the struts when they were off)

And a few shots of how it sits now....dirty as hell.

Ready for paint :D

Now we are completely ready for paint...just waiting on my appointment date!!

AND NOW AFTER PAINT =) Which I am pretty please with...but like all you guys, I can pick out every little flaw still in it but hey whatever..

I have sourced out another d16y8 that is sitting at my buddies garage right now with a set of FJT rods and vitara pistons. I am going to be building the whole motor and dropping it in. Unfortunately that wont be ready til next spring but gives me time to pick up everything I need. I am going to be shooting for a 300+ whp daily. Not sure which turbo I am going to go with. Everyones input is appreciated. Thanks guys hope you guys approve!

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pretty clean. Mostly stock and looks better than A LOT of the cars on here.

forcdincivic

Needs More Snail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Pretty clean. Mostly stock and looks better than A LOT of the cars on here.
Thanks man, like I said the wheels will be here pretty soon (they were two weeks out) so once those come in Ill be much happier with the way it looks. Maybe tint and call it a day and start working on the motor.

clean car. i got the same lca lol.
How do you like them? I think they are pretty nice, installed easy and were way lighter then the stock ones.They sent me two free t-shirts too cause the guy f**ked me over on shipping :suprise: lol

jeders

Guamster : ]
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sweet paint job bro. just get some Si's or gsr wheels now.

forcdincivic

Needs More Snail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice. get some wheel locks or a badass alarm. haha
I live in the boonies in the States so, I am not worried right now lol although my last one got stolen but I wont be leaving it in any bad areas this time =)

forcdincivic

Needs More Snail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys....yeah there will be plenty more pics as soon as I get my wheels my buddy is going to do a full HD photoshoot for me.

forcdincivic

Needs More Snail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks man! I hope so! lol Im shooting for 300+whp daily and be able to turn the boost up a bit at the track =)

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
No need to up the boost if youre tuned for a set psi ;)

Anyways, nice car the paint came out sweet. Cant wait to see your new turbo build.

forcdincivic

Needs More Snail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No need to up the boost if youre tuned for a set psi ;)

Anyways, nice car the paint came out sweet. Cant wait to see your new turbo build.
thanks man! just gotta do it slowly...I need a money tree lol, but If i have it setup right, I can have a tune for daily and track =)

very nice start, like the paint and drop. cant wait to see it with the wheels.
Thanks man, itll be 2 weeks on monday so HOPEFULLY they will have them shipped out real soon I cant wait any longer!